What's new

rcboosted

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I picked up a PCMCIA 128kb SRAM card hoping to use it on my MVS 2 slot. It physically won't fit all the way into the slot. Comparing it to the Apocalypse version, the edges aren't "notched" in, so I think it's blocking it from being fully inserted. I've attached some pics to show the difference. Is it supposed to fit into the slot? I know on the AES people have shown that it fits right in.

Attachments

• IMG_20230228_133012685.jpg
    IMG_20230228_133012685.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20230228_133216885.jpg
    IMG_20230228_133216885.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230228_133244336.jpg
    IMG_20230228_133244336.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 46
All I would suggest is get a different card. My two different weird third party cards always fit my MV-2F fine.

I don't use those sketchy cards at all anymore. Too many issues with those. Always accidentally cleared all my data in the card test screen or on Riding Hero.

I have the Apoclypse version already anyways, I just saw it for cheap so I picked it up. For some reason these cards fetch around $100 or more since I started looking a few years ago.

Would you mind posting a pic of a third party cards that fit in your MV-2F?

I bought a bunch of them when I was adding support for memory card testing to the diag bios. Never encountered one that didn't fit.

IMG_0985.jpg

I would advise against using generic sram cards. There is a section about them in the diag bios docs and the issues with them.

https://github.com/jwestfall69/neogeo-diag-bios/blob/master/docs/tests/68k/memcard.md

hmm, it looks like yours have a small notch on the "right" edge if you point the connector side towards yourself. it's "thinner". This might be a physical feature that is intended to block incompatible cards. This might be a 32 bit card? I can try my other 2 slots and see. But it's pretty clear that it's supposed to fit most cards, and this card isn't compatible.

*edit pulled out my other 2 slot, doesn't fit.

Last edited:
32bit cards aren't possible because there aren't enough pins for that.

Maybe your card was for some proprietary device so the vendor could lock in using their card?

32bit cards aren't possible because there aren't enough pins for that.

Maybe your card was for some proprietary device so the vendor could lock in using their card?
I looked it up the item. http://fujisoki.industrialpartner.com/products-b/bs128g1-cz-13.htm and various other areas, so far didn't say if it's for any proprietary device. But it doesn't fit, and there should be a reason, so I wouldn't try to defeat the physical barrier and try to use it regardless. I might just fry the 2 slot.

Last edited:
Back