What's new

tranqex

Beginner
Reaction score
Is anyone able to help me understand what happened to my cart?

I was playing my Waku Waku 7 cart on my MVS Omega Entertainment Machine and the game just froze.
Now whenever I boot up my Omega with Waku Waku 7 I get a blank screen.
I opened up the cart and can't see anything that looks nasty and I just don't know what happened.
My other MVS carts work fine, its just Waku Waku 7 no longer works.

Can anyone offer any assistance and let me know if it is dead and that's it or can I get it workinhg again.

if you have a unibios then it can check the individual roms in the cartridge.

Is anyone able to help me understand what happened to my cart?

I was playing my Waku Waku 7 cart on my MVS Omega Entertainment Machine and the game just froze.
Now whenever I boot up my Omega with Waku Waku 7 I get a blank screen.
I opened up the cart and can't see anything that looks nasty and I just don't know what happened.
My other MVS carts work fine, its just Waku Waku 7 no longer works.

Can anyone offer any assistance and let me know if it is dead and that's it or can I get it workinhg again.

If the game froze in the middle of game play then, yes, your cart is dead and you are lucky that it didn't bring the MVS with it. Don't think unibios would help here unfortunately...

If the cart is not working at all, then it might be related with program ROM. Have you checked the P1 ROM carefully? Any cracks or deformation on the center? I've seen many Metal Slug X carts with cracked/blown P1 ROMs.

Also other supporting components such as NEO-273, NEO-ZMC custom ICs might have gone bad. I'd start analysing the situation by examining the P1. Unfortunately you have to first desolder it, read it on an eprom programmer, check it with mame etc.

i have *never* seen a cracked or burned rom - sounds like a psu problem would be needed for that.

ZMC chips are another matter, had to replace a number of the quadpack chips.
that and bad sram.

Thanks for your responses guys.
I guess it is dead then.
I will have a look at the chips a bit closer when I have some more time.
I will have to play it on my 161 in 1 for now then. That is until my Darksoft MVS Multicart arrives :D

Thanks again every1 :)

Back