What's new
yes, you'd just want to double the ROM file before programming.
however, I'd suspect that the issue is either a cold solder joint, bad projection chip, or a bad C-ROM before the M-ROM is bad.

if you do desolder the M-ROM dump it and verify that's good before replacing it.
What chip should I use to read it? I'm using a Top3000.
27020/27c2001 just read as if the rom is empty.

that would be the correct type.

I don't think I've ever seen a mask rom read blank unless I was doing something wrong with my programmer though.

that would be the correct type.

I don't think I've ever seen a mask rom read blank unless I was doing something wrong with my programmer though.
That's weird. Ican read it if I use the 27c040 pinout, for some reason.
The file seem to match the original m1.
Maybe the problem is really the neo cmc.
I hate those pcbs with the custom ics.

yeah on the CHAFIO the S-ROM is distributed across the C-ROMs and the custom decodes it, so if both graphics AND sound have problems then I'd look at the C-ROMS or the custom

Hello guys,

I bought a Burning fight MVS which has faulty V1 and V2 roms.
I would like to replace them with EPROMs.
Does anyone know what type of eprom to choose and if I can start from a MAME romset or other for programming ?
The original ROMs are HN62408P.

Thank you in advance for your answers

The roms are 1mb which are 27c800 eproms. Good luck.

The Mame roms should be fine.

Hello guys,

As i said last week, I try to replace V1 and V2 roms (and maybe P1) in a defective MVS Burning Fight.
I choose 27c800 eprom to replace defective maskroms V1 and V2.
My programmer is a Willem GQ-4X V4.
When i open V1 and V2 rom from Mame romset, it ask me to choose setting before programming.
Could you tell me if i need to change something ? File format, Read mode, Fill mode and File offset ?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Attachments

• burning_fight_V_ROM.png
    burning_fight_V_ROM.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 13
Could you tell me if i need to change something ? File format, Read mode, Fill mode and File offset ?
You just need to leave them as the default. that will be true of any ROM that came from an original dump like those in MAME.

Back