What's new

s8n

Student
Reaction score
hi members , I am slowly working towards making some MVS carts for myself. I'm getting some MVS shells this week and I need a source for labels.

where do you guys get yours ?

I found SZABO's Arcades from googling

https://www.szabosarcades.com/colle...ction-cartridge-labels?variant=20997851512909

he has everything but I can't see Pochi & Nyaa in his photos. I'll list below what I am after

Ironclad
Ghostlop
Metal Slug 2 Turbo
Pochi & Nyaa

hi members , I am slowly working towards making some MVS carts for myself. I'm getting some MVS shells this week and I need a source for labels.

where do you guys get yours ?

I found SZABO's Arcades from googling

https://www.szabosarcades.com/colle...ction-cartridge-labels?variant=20997851512909

he has everything but I can't see Pochi & Nyaa in his photos. I'll list below what I am after

Ironclad
Ghostlop
Metal Slug 2 Turbo
Pochi & Nyaa
I ordered some from him last year and it took him four months and several e-mails to finally ship them to me. Quality was disappointing. Labels were off-center and he doesn't even photoshop out the black border. This is fine for black shells but looks like shit on everything else. Pretty piss-poor for what he's charging.

Reactions: s8n
thank you neofan for the info and replying. Wow I didn't expect that from him and the headaches in conversing.

I am still on the hunt for labels then.......

Printed on vinyl with cut-out. The grey color is close to dark labels (ShockTroopers and NeoTurf for example), the length is designed to fit all cartridges (even short ones).

IMG-20211212-155130.jpg
IMG-20211212-155156.jpg
IMG-20211212-155537.jpg

Where are you from ? What titles do you need ?

I ordered a bunch of labels from Szabos about 2 years ago. the print quality is quite good but the label material is vinyl so it's kind of rubbery and high-lights the imperfections and seam in the case plastic, which I didn't like. I ordered 15 or so labels and I don't recall any of them having the black border or off-center issues that neofan described. There was a bit of a delay in getting them (I think 2-3 months) but they did arrive eventually.

The next time I tried ordering I decided to go with https://gateninety.com/product/mvs-label/
and I have to say it was worse. print quality wasn't as good prints were off-center on every label, material was even more rubbery and it took 3x as long to get them, more expensive plus the label selection wasn't as good.

the next time I need labels I'm making them my damn self. :-/

Printed on vinyl with cut-out. The grey color is close to dark labels (ShockTroopers and NeoTurf for example), the length is designed to fit all cartridges (even short ones).

IMG-20211212-155130.jpg
IMG-20211212-155156.jpg
IMG-20211212-155537.jpg

Those look really nice. How much are you selling these for?

You have many types of vynil. Most common is glossy, but mat exists. This is a far better looking for MVS.

One label = 1€50 + shipping, main cost will be shipping for sure.

You have many types of vynil. Most common is glossy, but mat exists. This is a far better looking for MVS.

One label = 1€50 + shipping, main cost will be shipping for sure.
Sounds fair. I'll put together a list and send you a pm.

https://southtown-homebrew.com/index.php?cPath=219&osCsid=kt0kivbl73flr0cnk35f9da5s4

I’ve used these guys for plenty of things, including labels.

You have to use the template and effectively write it up yourself, but you can be certain it’s perfect.

It also meant I could do myself a label for Metal Slug 2 Turbo (which obviously doesn’t exist in the wild) and I could show Trap15 instead of SNK.

It’s a fun option to be able to have completely custom labels, or if you’re as nerdy as me extremeky accurate labels that you can look up on MVS scans.

IMG-20211212-155130.jpg
IMG-20211212-155156.jpg
IMG-20211212-155537.jpg

sorry for the absence guys , amazing turn out to my query which is appreciated.

hi Rom , i'm from Australia the titles I would like are

Ironclad
Ghostlop
Metal Slug 2 Turbo
Pochi & Nyaa

Hi Rom,

I sent you a pm. Are you able to make those?

The ones availible here is really nice if you want something a little different from the originals..
http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/grizz9567.html

There is a link on the site for the full high quality pack.

I dont know if Xian Xi sells these but he hosts them.. I think they look really good.
Wonder if any online site could print them for me? hmm or any local shop perhaps..

Here´s a thumbnail:

grizz-label-p3.jpg

I'm after a set of labels too. They're just for putting on storage boxes, so they don't have to fit exactly, but I'd like to have them match as closely as possible with the correct copyright information, but preferably without serial numbers or NGH numbers like the ones on JNX.

I'm also looking for spine labels for custom Naomi storage boxes, similarly reproduction labels that look as close to the original cartridge labels as possible. (These using the Southtown template are a good alternative.) I'll use Southtown's CPS2 template for some CPS2 boxes, but I'll need to get those printed as well. Suggestions for printing services would be appreciated!

I currently have 600dpi vinyl glossy sticker. They are precut, dimensions are 165*20mm so they fit any cart.

Titles available, 1.5€/label:
  • Aero Fighters 2
  • Band bead
  • Blazing Star
  • Captain Tomaday
  • Double Dragon
  • Ganryu
  • Ghostlop
  • Ironclad
  • Kof2002
  • Last Hope
  • Magician Lord
  • Metal Slug
  • Metal Slug 2
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Metal Slug 4
  • Metal Slug 5
  • Metal Slug X
  • Money Puzzle Exchanger (jap)
  • Multigame 161in1
  • Pulstar
  • Puzzle Bobble
  • SNK vs Capcom
  • Striker 1945+
  • Twinkle Star Sprites (US and jap)
  • Viewpoint
  • Windjammers
  • Zupapa

No more will be printed until the some weeks/months but you can send me the titles you want.
I can ship by French post (prices here: https://www.laposte.fr/mon-timbre-en-ligne/personalisation ).

Last edited:
I think it is time to create these MVS labels 😜
Most of the products at the market is not perfect right ?
I couldn’t think of anyone better than hursit to make these labels. I too have been in search of perfect reproduction MVS labels. Szabo’s are as close as I have been able to find, but as others have said, there is a lot of room for improvement.

I have ordered many items from hursit over the last couple of years ( labels, decals, posters ) and the quality is absolutely unmatched.

Please consider making these reproduction MVS labels hursit!!

I will be buying 40+ the moment they are available.

Back