What's new

Hansuke

Student
Reaction score
Got an MV1AX and when hooked up to a supergun, the Coin 1, Test Menu Button, and Service Button don't register in the bios test screen. Pressing the Coin 2 button once causes two credits to be registered in game. Backup ram is cleared so the 2 credits per coin press shouldn't be the result of a BIOS setting.

This board is unusual to me because it's the first MVS I've seen with a coin counter soldered directly to the board at CR1.
Pics:
Full View:
20240520-035636-Copy.jpg

Edge View:
20240520-035433-Copy.jpg

Bottom View:
20240520-035533-Copy.jpg
Why would someone do this mod?
Also, the coin counter doesn't seem to increment when credits are added...

P1 and P2 controls are still all working. However, it seems like P1 controls don't have a continuous signal and flicker when held down. Like if I hold down "A" for P1, in the BIOS test menu, it blinks between 0 and 1 very fast.

Could the coin counter cause the coin 1, Test button, and service button to be inoperable?
If so would removing the coin counter and replacing it with a proper CR1 component fix it?
Are there any reputable places to get the CR1 resistor pack?

Last edited:
Yeah... this one stumped me when posted on Reddit. Curious if anyone here can figure out what's going on.

@Hansuke if you don't make progress with this and shipping can be figured out, I'd be interested in trading for a working MV1A board I think I have around here. Wouldn't mind poking at the one you have to see if I can figure out what's going on (think the 1A board I have has a socketed BIOS so I can include UniBIOS with it). Let me know if you're interested.

If you want it to work normally, then yes, I would try undoing that mod.

Back