What's new
How on earth did I miss this!? Very interested in a CPS1 multi - please keep up the great work?

StalkS

Street Fighter Alpha as well, nice! definitely in the market for one of these

Its a shame Q-Sound games dont sound good on CPS1

CPS2 not 3....

I thought Rockman The Power Battle was CPS2 - the boot screen flashes a CPS2 check as well. Interesting.

SF Alpha as well as the Hyper Fighting shown are the CPS changer versions

I thought Rockman The Power Battle was CPS2 - the boot screen flashes a CPS2 check as well. Interesting.
In Japan it was released on both CPS1 and 2 simultaneously, while in the USA it was only available on CPS1. There is speculation that it was originally developed on CPS2 hardware, then back ported to CPS1, due to the fact that the QSound title card graphics can also be found in the CPS-1 version.

But yeah, Rockman is both a CPS1 and CPS2 game.

Managed to get some more information on the multi, it's hard trying to get someone non-technical to get technical over the phone.

Anyways,

Can the 32 in 1 be used with your own A and C boards?
Yes, it's just a case of having the correct A board (12mhz) and C board (B-21)

How does this multi deal with 10/12MHz A boards?
So, the B-board is designed to only be used with 12mhz A boards only. I did try to get specifics about how games designed for 10mhz are dealt with but I was just told they run correctly. I suspect they probably don't.

How can we have a 64in1 multi?
You need to request this at the time of ordering, this incurs an additional charge, $20-30 more I think.

Can we load games on ourselves, how easy is it to do?
Unfortunately he won't disclose that information or any info on how to modify the ROM sets or how to convert it to 64 in 1, so consider it fixed. I'm sure if someone on here got there hands on it could be done, unless it's protected some how.

Can we have all Japanese versions of the games?
Needs to be requested at the time of ordering

Asked about an SD card solution or if 2.0 multi is in the works?
He's not keen on going down the SD card route due to speed issues. Also, probably the biggest factor is the cost/time for development and research in implementing an SD card solution.

Any other info or questions you guys want me to ask? Bare in mind he won't give my friend much technical info, this is considered his rice bowl if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the info.

Not that it matters to me as I have no CPS1 stuff so i'd need the entire setup anyway but i'm guessing the B board can be purchased by itself then?

So the 64in1 just has clones/different regions included?

Thanks for the info.

Not that it matters to me as I have no CPS1 stuff so i'd need the entire setup anyway but i'm guessing the B board can be purchased by itself then?

So the 64in1 just has clones/different regions included?
Forgot to say, yes the b-board can be purchased on it's own, he mentioned he would knock off about $35.

Yes, the 64 in 1 would be the variations or hacked versions (koryu, rainbow edition etc).

Excellent thanks, I think it's almost worth getting the 64in1 for the infamous rainbow edition

so for the 32-in-1 what are the available game combinations?

Best choice for me would be all the Japanese releases, no hacks.

I have a contact in Hong Kong can I purchase one through him?

so for the 32-in-1 what are the available game combinations?

Best choice for me would be all the Japanese releases, no hacks.

I have a contact in Hong Kong can I purchase one through him?
If you wanted all the Japanese releases, just request it at the time of ordering. You can deal direct, just get your contact to order it through the taobao link. Any items going from mainland to Hong Kong don't really get checked so you won't get hit with import/customs charges. I'll post up a list games later, there is a list in the link but not translated.

Link - Taobao 32in1 multi

Just a heads up. Bhiner decided to refund me since it's my first order and more than 1200cny, and that I should send them via western union or bank transfer instead. Probably not going to work out, I'd guess. I'll ping @mdk, or try my buddy in China as backup

Last edited:
"settle" lol. DS version will be epic!

This is a hold-me-over since I expect a DS Multi to take a good amount of time.

Back