What's new

andre060

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This was a small project compared to some of the really impressive restorations done on this board, but I thought I would post it anyway in case it inspired others that don't have room for full-size cabs. I decided to build myself a CRT TV bench with built-in sound + JAMMA hookups for my CPS-2 and CPS-3 boards, and (roughly) themed it based on the Big Blue cabinet. I think it came out pretty decent, and it's super functional! I modified a few Madcatz TE sticks to go along with it - ripped out all the USB guts and replaced with the de-facto DIN-15 standard supergun pinout.

Here's the completed cabinet:

And the inside wiring with sound amp, JROK encoder for the TV, and power supply:

Playing some Alpha 3!

More details of the build are on my blog if anyone needs, http://abpinball.com

FWIW I'm very aware that the front says CP System 2 and 3 and the side art is SF2CE which *isn't* those systems :) I liked how it looked this way and decided I was okay with it given how many games back in the 90's had re-purposed SF2 cabs with mis-matched artwork :)

Cheers!

Anselmo

Professional
Reaction score
very well done. This is way cool. That sound system must be really awesome.

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I like it. Agree re audio, must sound amazing.

evilsim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice work @andre060 I really like the idea of using a regular TV instead of an arcade monitor. I wanted something like this but in a lowboy - so a really good guy called Rob over at arcadeworx helped me to put together this little lowey, which fits a 20" Sony PVM and allows the monitor to be rotate 90 degrees for horizontal or vertical games (it could be a consumer TV so long as it fits). Its being cut next week, and will be fitted out with a decent sound system (not as amazing as yours) and seimitsu/sanwa stuff.

aYour attention to detail is just great, thanks for showing us !! I'm sure you will have tons of fun playing on it.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 86

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Wow, looks great. Awesome work!

Vectorfire

Beginner
Reaction score
this looks to be the solution to my current project

I'm enclosing a 29" Tri-Mode in 80/20 extrusions. Basically making a simple monitor enclosure for easy rotating between vertical and horizontal shmups.

I wasnt really sure where or how I was going to handle the jamma side and audio except maybe on a bench, but this seems to be a much more elegant solution to that.

Thanks for sharing the idea. See where I can take it.

Last edited: