What's new

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
Hello,
I'd like to ask if there is a possible solution for a long time problem with my F3 setup.
I have a recapped Taito F3 motherboard with the multi that sometimes if I power it up it does nothing (no fan spinning, no video, nothing).
If I discharge the board and the PSU (without changing any setting) it boots up again with no issue. I wasn't able to find a specific pattern on the power on fails it seems very random.
Do someone knows if there is some component to check?

I know the F3 wants an higher voltage and I usually use 5.10V, the issue was present before the recap too but the recap didn't help.

There's a POT on the motherboard for voltage regulation, sometimes was mismatched for a volume regulator (which is not). I had a similar problem (it was not posting at all) and dealing with that pot made it to work. Try with sligth adjustments in a way or another and see if it works

I'll try to measure it but it has the glue on it, (don't know if it's present from the production line or not).
I never touched it since I already knew that wasn't an audio potentiometer when I bought my 1st f3.

Yes, the glue is from factory, you can easely remove it as i did for mine. Mine worked again when playing with it. Also, since you changed the caps you could have changed slight variations of voltages since no caps are near perfect value, unless you used ceramics or tantallium or high brand ones like nichihon. It's worth a check if you take your time with it and do it gradually, like hair thin variations.

sorry for the late reply.
I've used panasonic and nichihon for the recap.
I've tried to move a little bit the potentiometer and now it seems to boot every time (need more tests but tried to boot like 10 times, one every 10 minutes and it always booted)

Back