What's new

djturbolence

Student
Reaction score
Aloha, I hope this is the right thread. I have a full size MVC2 (Marvel vs Capcom 2) on a CRT monitor. Lately when I’ve been playing, if too many things are going on in the game, it slows down briefly. I don’t remember this ever happening before, and was wondering if there could be a culprit or if this is just normal for the game. It almost froze a few times when too many combos are in play. Appreciate any help. Thanks

There is slight slowdown in Marvel. You'd need to take a video of it to really know if something is going on. :/

Also when multiple supers happen on both teams, or add in a DHC, it certainly chugs for a few moments

Can be a voltage issue, see link below (entry from the 25/10/15):

http://cps2shock.emu-france.info/

Through testing done so far its been discovered when a CPS2 system is not receiving enough power it can run in a degraded state. The 68K CPU is tested and results on such systems show a measureable difference in the expected results. The results show it is possible under the right conditions for games to run differently than the normally expected state.

This might totally be the issue. It used to freeze until I tweaked the voltage but maybe there still a little tweaking needed.

There is slight slowdown in Marvel. You'd need to take a video of it to really know if something is going on. :/

Also when multiple supers happen on both teams, or add in a DHC, it certainly chugs for a few moments
Gotcha, I’ve been watching tournaments on YouTube and didn’t see much but maybe it’s just the players I’m using. More frame demand possibly

I wish I knew of a match off the top of my head to send you, haha. I used to run Season's Beatings if you ever watch some of the greatest Marvel matches ever :)

This might totally be the issue. It used to freeze until I tweaked the voltage but maybe there still a little tweaking needed.
If you have to keep tweaking more and more over time, it may be a sign it's time to service that PSU (or just straight up replace it).

I had an issue with Virtual Fighter Evo on Naom2i that would randomly slow down, and it turned out that the pins of the cart were dirty. I cleaned them up and after that, it was fine. It would slow down and felt like the game was playing underwater. It was kinda neat, to be honest.

Just be careful when cleaning them up, naomi cart pins are super fragile

Back