What's new

BladeZX

Grand Master
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether or not the same thing would be done with the Namco 357 as we just did with the 246/256?

Any thoughts on whether or not the same thing would be done with the Namco 357 as we just did with the 246/256?
I would prefer this would be done with the Namco System 369 because that system has tekken tag 2 and tekken 6 seems to be able to run on that system while TT2 won’t boot on the 357.

Namco 3xx multi would likely work similar to TTX and RingEdge

it's just a hard-drive so you'd patch out the dongle and then make a menu.

even the current 2x6 setup with the ODE and multi-dongle doesn't cover ALL games because the ODE doesn't support HDD emulation.

Should be possible, it's something I considered as a 'bonus extra feature' but never got around to. For a specific machine though I'd need to pick one up to test compatibility on, so if anyone has another one for sale beyond @BladeZX's request I'd need that ;)

If I had an extra 256 I would send it to you @electric_monk - like twisted said - it is the last piece needed for full multi

If anyone has a Namco 369 for sale let me know
I have a system 357-C for sale if you're interested, verified working. it is not a system 369, but my Tekken 6 does not boot on it ... supposedly the 357-C and 369 hardware are very similar. there is no dc-in power like there is with the 357A's

I have a system 357-C for sale if you're interested, verified working. it is not a system 369, but my Tekken 6 does not boot on it ... supposedly the 357-C and 369 hardware are very similar. there is no dc-in power like there is with the 357A's
I’d be interested, how much? It will be fun try try to fix it :)

I do have a 256 - I forgot it had some HDD games actually! I now vaguely recall fiddling around with HDD support for it before so I can resume that. Though at some point I generally would want he target hardware as I always try to do some final compatibility testing for new firmware releases/etc. on each type of device (which sadly means ever increasing piles of random stuff in my garage).

For actual fun the number one thing I want right now is a candy cab so I can actually play some 2x6/etc. games on a real CRT ;)

The Games on HDD are:

System 246
Battle Gear 3
Battle Gear 3: Tuned

System 256
Cobra: The Arcade
Fate/Unlimited Codes
The iDOLM@STER
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam Next
Taiko Drum Master 12 / Taiko no Tatsujin 12
Taiko Drum Master 13 / Taiko no Tatsujin 13
Taiko Drum Master 14 / Taiko no Tatsujin 14
Zoids Infinity
Zoids Infinity Ex
Zoids Infinity Ex Plus

Super System 256
Time Crisis 4

Obviously it's worth testing as many games as possible but I would think that Fate/Unlimited Codes and Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam Next are the two most sought after HDD games since they can be played with joystick/buttons.

Time Crisis 4 was patched to run on a regular 256 so that might make for a good test as well. https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...rking-on-standar-system-256.8978/#post-233250

If you have the multi-dongle and want to test on HDD then most any old IDE drive should work, just extract the MAME CHD and image the drive, then reflash your dongle.

I have a 369 TTT2U that is out of credits so it won't boot. Would LOVE a way to get this thing going again! Watching this thread closely :)

has anyone got anything other than the gundam game running on a 357c i be interested to know as mine is just a big door stop , i had no luck with T6BR on it patched or unpached and with a dongle

What do you mean by out of credits?
The game has a certain amount of times that it can be played until it runs out of credits and then you have to contact namco for assistance. (5000 uses or 5000 credits, not sure the amount).

pretty damn terrible :(

Back