What's new

Spongernz

Beginner
Reaction score
Morning all. My Tekken 7 ES3 graphics card seems to have given up. I have the DX11 error message and green artefacts on the screen. I have done some reading and it looks like if I can’t access the bios the motherboard is a paperweight. Is the is this case? Do I just throw out the ES3 and keep the ram/cpu?

can you not replace it with a like for like card ? , dont throw it out

can you not replace it with a like for like card ? , dont throw it out
If it's the stock ES3 install using a security dongle then unfortunately not. The windows install is encrypted using bitlocker so any change of hardware will prevent the system booting. You can replace with a new GPU but that requires a new install as per my comment below.

have done some reading and it looks like if I can’t access the bios the motherboard is a paperweight. Is the is this case? Do I just throw out the ES3 and keep the ram/cpu?
Is your bios password protected? it seems not all are. Even if your bios is locked you can still boot a fresh install of windows from a HDD but then you'll need to obtain a Tekken install, the latter cant be discussed here though.

If it's the stock ES3 install using a security dongle then unfortunately not. The windows install is encrypted using bitlocker so any change of hardware will prevent the system booting. You can replace with a new GPU but that requires a new install as per my comment below.

Is your bios password protected? it seems not all are. Even if your bios is locked you can still boot a fresh install of windows from a HDD but then you'll need to obtain a Tekken install, the latter cant be discussed here though.
Ok, thanks heaps! It is a stock es3 with dongle. So just jam a new graphics card in, take out the security dongle, fresh hdd with windows install, check it boots then go from there?

Ok, thanks heaps! It is a stock es3 with dongle. So just jam a new graphics card in, take out the security dongle, fresh hdd with windows install, check it boots then go from there?
Essentially yeah.

I used RUFUS to create a bootable HDD with a windows image supposed to the usual USB, once the ES3 booted it reads the HDD and goes straight into the installer.

Essentially yeah.

I used RUFUS to create a bootable HDD with a windows image supposed to the usual USB, once the ES3 booted it reads the HDD and goes straight into the installer.
Thanks a lot. That gives me somewhere to start at least. Would be awesome if there was a guide hosted somewhere, but I can understand why there isn’t.

What you could also do is take out the card, disassemble it, clean and reflow the GPU chip. Mine also had some artifacting and threw up error code 43 in device manager. Reflowing the card with a hot air gun/station and some liquid flux fixed the issue. I know that it’s not a permanent solution but you can give that a try.

Good day, I have problems with a NAMCO ES3 with STAR WARS, the motherboard was death, then I put the hdd in other ES3 cpu and now show bitlocker protection, anyone help me how reinstall software? or put the bitlocker key? Any solution? Is the same GPU that the original

Usually the Game and program is embedded to the main system and videocard motherboard you will be needing to install a fresh program to bind them all and work again , perhaps Franco can help you

Back