What's new

CoinFeeder

Professional
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone here owns a Namco ES3. I have a ES3B coming and was wondering what the difference is between the ES3A, B & X systems.

Would Mario Kart DX run on an ES3B?

Zebra

Professional
Reaction score
They describe the difference on the Teknoparrot site. It looks like the X version is a higher spec PC. It has an Nvidia GTX 680 instead of a 650TI. The X also has 16gb of ram instead of 8.

In real terms, it was an extra $200 of hardware to charge an extra $8000.

Mrhide

Grand Master
Reaction score
What is the interface board from this system to a cabinet? Namco FCA-1 jvs? Anyone with pictures?

AMS

Grand Master
Reaction score
It’s a jvs interface. No mario kart won’t run on this system as it’s much older runs on triforce type 3

but I do think the new mario kart GP DX is ES3X if that’s what you want to know :)

Mrhide

Grand Master
Reaction score
the I/O board appears to be NAMCO na-jv but I want to see the inner working of the PC card, even though I can't run it, I know. I'm just curious!

Zebra

Professional
Reaction score
The manual for Mario Kart DX lists is as an NA-JV (M) + and STR4.

I'm not sure if the "M" means it's somehow different and therefore not compatible with previous NA-JV boards.

It has never really felt like any of the arcade developers got into the spirit of having a universal JVS "standard" to replace jamma.

The Time Crisis 5 I/O interface looks completely different to any of the other Namco JVS boards. I'm not even sure it is JVS at all.

AMS

Grand Master
Reaction score
I know es1/3 etc runs most of the time on the same jvs I/o boards that is used in the namco noir cabinets