What's new

zetsurin

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

i would like to replace my namco noir with an lg 32” monitor. I tore down the monitor casing of the noir and unfortunately it appears that all the metal framing is actually part of the stock monitor, unlike how it is with vewlix etc. So I can’t see an easy way to mount my lg panel in there. For people who have done such a swap, how did you rig it up that you still end up with 4 mounting holes for the stock screws to mount it back to the noir? I know some have said they have done this but in all discussions it seems to be light on actual details. Anyone have any pics of their swap to show how they did it? For my vewlix all i needed to do was create some basic 3d printed mounts, but Noir looks like a completely different beast.

Thanks

Attached some pictures. The framing is what mounts to the back to the housing which screws to the noir itself. The framing is mounted directly to the stock monitor chassis so this is lost when switching to the monitor and thus there is no framing left to screw back to the noir.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
I'm trying to find some pics, but @OsirusANZ has upgraded to the lg 32mp58hq.

What he did was used the existing bracket, created an MDF back plate to connect to the existing bracket and then used a vesa mount to attached to the MDF back plate and mount the monitor.

Ah nice. That's the exact monitor I am looking at fitting.

During lockdown there's plenty of time for these projects _sigh_

If I get asked by @OsirusANZ to take these down I will - I'm sure he won't mind though :)

MDF backplate to go on the existing frame, cut out was made to access the input ports

j9ayDWfl.jpg

VESA mount on the monitor

Wc5fIa4l.jpg

VESA mount bracket mount on the MDF back plate - I believe he used that little piece of wood to push the monitor closer to front

MBAv2qsl.jpg

This is obviously no Hadouken arcade solution, but it works and is cheap :)

My temporary solution, which has held fine for over a year was some Gorilla double sided tape. It’s apparently rated for 60lbs, my LG 1080p monitor weighs 11lbs or less.

Gorilla Double Sided Tape

When I’m not so busy I want to go back and do the MDF and universal mount.

Thanks for sharing everything above peeps. I think i will try to add another solution in the form of 3d printed mounts to anchor the meta mounting frame. Will be a good weekend project soon.

Following the thread very closely. Great work everyone. Hoping to see some more pics and info in the future.

Thanks for sharing everything above peeps. I think i will try to add another solution in the form of 3d printed mounts to anchor the meta mounting frame. Will be a good weekend project soon.

Be interesting what you come up with - it'll probably make me buy another two LG's if you make 3d printed mounts lol

Only reason I haven't done so right now is because I can't be bothered with mdf just yet - it's on the "next year" project list :)

Do you have pictures of the completed swap?

Me? It's still on my to do list - I'm hoping to do something in the next few months

What ever came of this? Anyone make 3D mounts yet? I'm looking to replace my dead Noir screen with a new 32" LG.

Still on my to do list - hoping to have it sorted in the next month or so.

This is how I'm planning on doing it.

- Make an MDF back plate
- Put holes exactly in the same holes as the 4 bolts and use a nut to secure the mdf panel to that frame
- use an adjustable height vesa bracket (will be using this bracket - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NTP4P28?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1)
- measure the distanced from the back plate to the front of the monitor
- mount the monitor accordingly to match the measurement adjusting with washers/nuts to act as spacers from the mdf sheet to the vesa wall plate

Monitor wise, I'm still deciding if I should just buy the same ones as what I'll be putting in my chewlix (LG 32" 165hz QHD Gaming) or just use the LG 1080p from my chewlix and transfer it to the Noir - i'm thinking latter for Tekken 8 goodness. We'll see.

noir.jpg

Last edited:
Still on my to do list as well. I have a tv that has the inputs on the side though, instead of in the bottom. I prefer this monitor because it has vga in case I want to hook up my Dreamcast or Pandora’s box. I have the tv mounted but not the bezel.

I’ll have to make a cutout of the inputs with a dremel.

Still on my to do list - hoping to have it sorted in the next month or so.

This is how I'm planning on doing it.

- Make an MDF back plate
- Put holes exactly in the same holes as the 4 bolts and use a nut to secure the mdf panel to that frame
- use an adjustable height vesa bracket (will be using this bracket - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NTP4P28?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1)
- measure the distanced from the back plate to the front of the monitor
- mount the monitor accordingly to match the measurement adjusting with washers/nuts to act as spacers from the mdf sheet to the vesa wall plate

Monitor wise, I'm still deciding if I should just buy the same ones as what I'll be putting in my chewlix (LG 32" 165hz QHD Gaming) or just use the LG 1080p from my chewlix and transfer it to the Noir - i'm thinking latter for Tekken 8 goodness. We'll see.
future proof it mate with the 165hz goodness. I wanna copy it when your done getting the backplate dimensions sorted ;)

Lol. I’m never going to find 165hz with vga. But yeah I’ll consider it. I want to see how I like this fit. I can always mod it later. At least I hope so.

Back