What's new

asr10user

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on what monitor can easily replace the monitor inside a Namco Noir? I have been debating between getting a Vewlix and a Noir, I am starting to like the Noir more. Problem is, there is much more info and aftermarket stuff for the Vewlix. An answer to the monitor replacement is the last major hurdle of knowledge for me.

I replaced one recently, there is loads of room. I fitted an LG and the picture is wonderful.

Awesome. Between knowing there is a replacement monitor and finding out you can order a 2P control panel (repro from Alberto), Noir looks like its in my future.

Hate to bug you again, but is the Artwork (top banner and movelist above CP) standard size and interchangable with any other cab?

Yes all artwork and panels that is on Lindbergh will fit noir and vice versa

Awesome, this is a wealth of information. Thank You! When you say panel, you dont mean the Lindbergh control panel will fit the Noir do you?

Awesome, this is a wealth of information. Thank You! When you say panel, you dont mean the Lindbergh control panel will fit the Noir do you?
@asr10user yes Lindbergh panel WILL fit the noir see my cab
3520F380-147C-49A0-91FF-130C02E3181C.jpeg

Replacing with the lg im guessing you have to decase it?

All recent monitors have very thin bezels these days. You can just throw them in as is. Which is great, because you don't have to void your warranty.

Ok i have a 32" monitor already i might try this when i get home

I recently purchased a noir but has no bezel. Is there a way I could buy a reproduction or used?

yes I do, it’s this one. The same one people are using for the Vewlix and Sega Lindbergh.

LG 32MP58HQ
So I got this monitor as it says here it was just easy to just drop it in to replace on my noir but it is not working. The brace that's on the back of the monitor that comes with the cabinet does not fit the LG monitor at all. There's no way to secure the LG monitor at all. Does anybody have any information on how I can get this to sit correctly? I can't even get the cables to plug in correctly because they're in a completely different spot than the monitor that became with the noir

It doesn’t just drop in but it’s pretty simple to fit, I made up a spacer from a piece of wood I had spare others have fabricated a piece of metal to make a bracket.

I don’t recall having any problem with cables, I ran a hdmi, a vga and power to mine, they dropped straight through to where my TX2 lives in the bottom section.

It sounds like you need an adaptor bracket, not sure anyone makes one like they do with the Vewlix, but maybe someone here does.

Thanks for replying so fast :)

The issue I'm seeing is that there is that big gap you mention so the monitor doesn't sit close to the glass like the original, the VGA is also on the back of the LG and not facing down so without the mount on the back, there's no space. At least, I can't seem to get it.

Question for you, when you set it up, did you have to turn on the monitor separately, or did it just turn on when you turned the machine on? I ask only because the PC in the machine now, doesn't turn on as soon as I turn the machine on, i have to turn it on manually and I'm hoping I won't have to with the monitor.

Yes it always turns on to the correct input, not needed to access the monitor controls since fitting. I run the following in mine with no problems,

1. Taito TX2
2. Sega Ringedge
3. PS4
4. OSSC

As the monitor has to be up against the Noir glass that leaves a lot of space for the VGA connector to come out the back and bend down to where you need it.

Forgot to answer your question, the monitor comes on with the cab, I have mine plugged in to a Alexa remote socket.

Back