What's new

WigglesWorth

Student
Reaction score
Long story short while doing some research I've learned the CP LED is 24 V and the top LED is 12V, well I got a tekken 7 cab with LEDs for the top but they weren't plugged in found this to be odd so I plugged them into where they needed to go. Low and behold I smelt burning from the connector quickly took it off it was the LED board burning up. Confused I did some more research and got a multimeter whoa it's giving off 120 volts, older machines use fluorescent bulbs which explains the 120V and explains why the LED board wasn't plugged in (the cord was wrapped around itself)

Big oof...I'm hoping someone can show me where the top LED board gets plugged in and I'll cross my fingers it's OK. If not second question anyone know where I can get Both LED boards for the CP and top? (My CP LED boards are bad as well for other reasons)

Attachments

• 20221123_145918.jpg
    20221123_145918.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 58
What does your cab look like? I wonder if the header light has been replaced. That would mean you wouldn't have the 12V harness for it at all.

Older cabs had fluorescent light fixtures. What monitor do you have?

What does your cab look like? I wonder if the header light has been replaced. That would mean you wouldn't have the 12V harness for it at all.

Older cabs had fluorescent light fixtures. What monitor do you have?
The header light was replaced but never used reason why I'm asking about the wiring. They took out the fluorescent light fixture and put in the new LED lights and never hooked it up just left the old wiring.

Attachments

• 20221118_132839.jpg
    20221118_132839.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 71
That's definitely the older monitor surround. The 'HD' text is below the 'Noir Cabinet', as opposed to being to the right of it.

There's a 12V PSU at the bottom of the cab. You'll have to run a harness from there.

That's definitely the older monitor surround. The 'HD' text is below the 'Noir Cabinet', as opposed to being to the right of it.

There's a 12V PSU at the bottom of the cab. You'll have to run a harness from there.
Can you show me? Also there's three wires 12V ground and? It must hook up to a board as it blinks and such on certain games ( I don't assume it's random ) so it must hook up to a PCB I can make a cord for it I just need to know where it goes

Oh yeah, that's true. I guess it's wired to the JVS IO then. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you.

Ugh, what a convoluted mess this is.

So OK, if you take off the back cover, here's what you're looking at.

Here's an old-style Noir. I think yours is like this:

noir_header_light_1.jpg

Just an AC connection going to the top of the monitor area.

On a new-style Noir, you have two connectors:

noir_header_light_2.jpg

The 3-pin connector has +12V and GND. There's also a connection to the IO as the middle pin (green wire), let's call it output 5.

The other 4-pin connector has the rest of the connections to the IO, outputs 1 to 4 (pink, gray, purple and blue).

noir_header_light_3.jpg

On the light fixture 1 to 4 are all on the center pin of each of the four LED boards on the top. Output five is connected to the front facing LED boards, again middle pin.

So in the below pic you have the two top boards on the right, 3 (purple) and 4 (blue) respectively, and one of the two front facing boards, that's 5 (green).

noir_header_light_4.jpg

Last edited:
I do have that old style but...if I'm not mistaken while I do have the two LED boards I think they only go to that three wire connector.

I'll look tomorrow and take some photos of it

Oh yeah, that's true. I guess it's wired to the JVS IO then. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you.
I have a diffrent led board all together, its all connected to that one connector :/

Attachments

• 20221125_113247.jpg
    20221125_113247.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20221125_113250.jpg
    20221125_113250.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221125_113259.jpg
    20221125_113259.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 53
No, that looks like the same as mine. You just have the two front facing boards, not the four top ones.

Connect orange to +12V, black to GND and green to the pin I labeled "output 5" on the IO, and you have your lights working (provided you didn't burn them up when you connected them to AC, of course).

No, that looks like the same as mine. You just have the two front facing boards, not the four top ones.

Connect orange to +12V, black to GND and green to the pin I labeled "output 5" on the IO, and you have your lights working (provided you didn't burn them up when you connected them to AC, of course).
Do you know where a 12 volt is? I'd just splice into it same with ground

The PSU is at the bottom of the cab. The +12V wires are orange.

Anyone know of any replacments?
Might seem a bit of a stretch but have you thought about using those 12v LED light strips? It’s a cheaper alternative and some of them have the option to change colors via a remote. Just a suggestion tho.
219D4539-02DC-46C1-915E-0F1E730883D9.jpeg

Might seem a bit of a stretch but have you thought about using those 12v LED light strips? It’s a cheaper alternative and some of them have the option to change colors via a remote. Just a suggestion tho.
219D4539-02DC-46C1-915E-0F1E730883D9.jpeg
It's very useful,I use it for my cab button(translucent).
You can also choose 5V products.

Back