What's new
Want To Buy

Philbee90

Student
Reaction score
As per title, I have the game and card just need the 246 itself ;) .

If you are willing to pay shipping on one from the US...I have one. Came out of a fully working TC3, with working CDRom drive. I do not have any I/O boards for sale though....so hopefully you have one already.

120 USD+ shipping to Ireland.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi, I would be willing to pay shipping. Could you send me some pictures please?
I'm thinking time crisis 3 was on 246C unit though. The pictures will clarify
The unit I'm looking for is the first 246 even before the 246A

If you are willing to pay shipping on one from the US...I have one. Came out of a fully working TC3, with working CDRom drive. I do not have any I/O boards for sale though....so hopefully you have one already.

120 USD+ shipping to Ireland.

Let me know if this helps.
The system 246 should look like this
System_246(Driving).jpg

It's the driving version

Yep, mine is not like that. I was under the impression that RRV would still run on the 246B, which is what my TC3 systems are.....If I was wrong, then I apologize.

If these won't help, please disregard. :D

Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't heard about 246b running with rrv, maybe it does, I'm no expert myself

Well, ignorance, is most often, not bliss....so I would suggest you keep looking for the driving board, till someone can chime in with definite answers. I'd hate you to pick up one that wont help.

That's what I had seen, but who knows what I/O you'd have to use. I can't answer those questions....so the 246 is there if he needs it, but I'm recommending finding the original, until someone can share complete necessities of getting a 246b to work with RRV

I CAN sell a spare 246 with driving IO board, BUT do you have the required other parts, namco FFB pcb and motors, etc?
how exactly are you planning to run this?

RRV does not NEED a specific 246, correct, but it requires a proper FFB setup which means proper IO board +ffb board + motor + wheel or it won't boot right. It also ONLY works in 15k (no 31k/VGA mode)

I do have a hacked version of the dongle program that will work on ANY 246 with pretty much any analog-capable io board however.

Hi, it's turning into an interesting thread :) . I'd like to learn more about the models myself.

how exactly are you planning to run this?
I have a twin Ridge Racer machine

I have an error on one system that says "acsetup buffer ram missmatch", ive done all the usual checks like swap the left and right systems, changed ram module, changed motherboard but still no luck and I've asked on several forums but people seem to be a bit stumped by it.
So, at this stage I'd like to maybe get my hands on a fresh 246 or if someone has an insight into the problem I'd appreciate that too.

ok cool- glad you have the proper equipment needed for it- lemme see what i've got around and drop you a line later today or tomorrow- I definitely have a few 246 driving pcb's should work fine for you.

Back