What's new

Starcade

Student
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know someone or have a contact for repairing these systems please?

I repair these. I do full BGA work . But they can be a pain ,it’s just a ps3 and sometimes the BGA chip can float and fry. What’s the issue with it ?

Thanks for the reply. Ok I am going for best intuitive guess on what the issue is. System will power up and had been working previously. It will emit 5 beeps on power up and displays a very dim image of the PS3 boot screen with Tekken 6 BR through the HDMI port and then goes blank screen, after say 45 seconds it gives a longer single beep then resets and remains blank screen and repeats single beep and reset.

If I connect a VGA cable to the system it flicks on for half a second and then nothing. There are no lights on the I/O PCB. I have connected 5v to the front power header on it.

I have had the unit apart and it is clean inside. I have a feeling the I/O PCB is gone because both VGA and HDMI ports come off the I/O board and there are no led lights on.

What do you think?

Sounds like you need to source why the I/o is getting no power. Also the 357 does a check as if nothing is connected it won’t boot further . You sure it beeps 5 times and not 3? But if it gives an image sure the system is booting so the RSX chip is working

Yes, it beeps 5 times and not 3. The I/O board is riveted to the front panel making it not possible to inspect the parts side unless I bust or drill the rivets off it. Not sure I want to do that. In any case this system is far too complex to troubleshoot for me. Do you want to investigate it for me?

Yes I can investigate it for you but I can’t promise I can fix it. No cure no pay :) So that’s a plus I need everything (game /sec chip etc)

but you have to pay shipping to the netherlands and back. Contact me via pm

Boot the system without the hdd and dongle

Plug it in the vga port then let it boot if it is dim maybe you didn't have a 5volds molex connector to the board of the system (357)

Reactions: AMS
So to jump on this thread here,
I've got a system 357 for a dead storm prates, which powers on but then out about a minute the system powers down giving a over heating warring, I have just redone all the thermal paste but still the same issue.
both fan in the case are working so its not that, dose anyone have any advice.

If it actually boots rather than instant YLOD that might actually point towards dried out paste under the IHS, its running gets hot and heatsink/fan unable to cool it down due to the poor interface

Back