What's new

hindered

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a Nanao MS-2930 that I did a full recap on, including the big filter caps. It's still experiencing two symptoms, that may or may not be related.

1: If the brightness / sub contrast / contrast are turned "too high", the screen will whine and jitter and shake when trying to show a mostly white screen / flashing screen.
2: If I play the game for a while, and shut it down and back on, the monitor doesn't power back up when the rest of the game does. No neck glow, no static noise, nothing. If I let it sit and turn it on again, all is gold.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Did you have have these issues before you did the recap?

Did you replace the SMD caps? There's at least two on a daughter card.

Did you have have these issues before you did the recap?

Did you replace the SMD caps? There's at least two on a daughter card.

I’m unsure if the issues existed before the cap kit, the monitor was pretty janky before recapping so it didn’t see a lot of use.

I’m not sure what SMD means in this case (surface mount?) but I replaced all through hole caps including the ones on the daughter card. If you mean a surface mount cap, no, I did not replace any surface mount components.

I’m unsure if the issues existed before the cap kit, the monitor was pretty janky before recapping so it didn’t see a lot of use.

I’m not sure what SMD means in this case (surface mount?) but I replaced all through hole caps including the ones on the daughter card. If you mean a surface mount cap, no, I did not replace any surface mount components.
Also I forgot to mention: I adjusted the bright screen / flicker issue out so it doesn’t occur anymore, but the picture is now a little dimmer than I would like. It’s usable but I’d like it to be brighter.

Anyone have any further thoughts on this? I'm mostly interested in the "won't power up" issue.

Back