What's new
The yoke is almost always what buzzes, since it's a little chamber of changing magnetic energy. Often these correction strips and the material that they are attached with go brittle and crack over time. Most Blast monitors end up with horrible convergence because the original strips have just gone brittle and fallen out - I have found shreds of the original strips just lying on top of my chassis as a result.

Every yoke I've had that buzzed was easily fixed with some cleaning, removal of old strips, application of new strips, and reinstallation. One thing I've not tried is impregnating it with the stuff they use on transformer windings, which finds its way in there with capillary action very effectively.
Do you know where to get replacement strips?

Never tried it. But read (maybe on these forums), others who have had luck with them? YMMV.

Fridge magnets are not the right material. You need a small bit of permalloy insulted on the end of a strip.

For these strips I just make my own.

I was looking more for the fabric tape on the inside of the yoke on the coils. I think for me all the magnets are still in place, but wanted to replace the burnt tape.

@Hatsune Mike are you saying to replace both pieces? Any chance you can share a few?

Last edited:
Necro bumping as my blast with a 2931 has recently started doing the same thing with the exact same buzz sound - mine only happens after the monitor warms up

When I eventually get to it, I'll definitely be doing everything outlined in the thread.

I might as well get some convergence strips online to fix my corners on the blast.

You guys got any recommendations which convergence strips to get off ebay?

Oh damn, you don't recommend them? I was going to order those ones.

Well they work they just don’t stay put very well. Maybe clean the area beforehand and figure out some added adhesive.

@mR_CaESaR if you google around you’ll see people have made their own using either fridge magnets or box cutter razor blades. Maybe worth a try.

From what I've been reading they're not very good with the fridge magnets.. But it's worth a try I guess

I've read through this thread multiple times now in prep of my yoke clean but I'm wondering if anybody can answer, is the buzzing is detrimental to the operation of the monitor?

I'm waiting for the convergence strips to come from Canada, so it take a month or so, but wondering can I still play on the cab?

Back