What's new

frosty

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Relatively new to the world of CRT technology

Can someone please school me on how to properly dial in the HS LIM and VS LIM pots on a Nanao MS9 chassis, and how these should be set in conjunction with the H SIZE and V SIZE pots on the remote board?

i.e should I start with the pots on the remote board maxed out, then adjust the HS LIM and VS LIM pots accordingly?

I have a slight wavyness/bowing problem on the left hand side of my MS9 screen - see the link below
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wo6vu9xQwJaEXnau6

Severity seems to differ greatly between games (I'm using a Mistercade) and occasionally seems to correct itself during in-game transitions - you'll see it correct itself when I switch games from 1942 to Esp Ra De. The issue also seems to be markedly worse from booting the machine up cold.

Have performed a full recap, but problem persists

Someone on a FB page mentioned that could potentially be fixed by adjusting the H Size and HS Lim pots, but I think the more I tinker with them, the worse it's getting! Of course it could also be something completely unrelated....

Can anyone help me out before I break out the sledgehammer?

Last edited:
When is the last time a cap kit was done? Seems like a freq. adj issue.

Was fully recapped a few weeks ago - issue was present before and after, unfortunately

Do you have an actual jamma pcb to test. Same result?

Back