What's new

tengugurl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all!
Well, each day I learn something new but, I get stumped every so often.
So I was taking apart my MS2933 chassis in hopes of taking the neck PCB off but, then I noticed there are wires coming from the Focus/ Flyback.
A little Google searching showed me that
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJkqFJ3_vk
(You must desolder) the wires to get it free from the previous Chassis.

Any guidance on the MS2930/MS2933 Chassis?
I don't want to De-solder everything just to find out I should have only de-soldered Part# LMNOP-1123 to get the Focus cable loose.

I will be looking at it in greater detail tomorrow but thought I'd ask as you all are amazing and I love hearing the wisdom you share before I get the confidence to go and "Fix things" lol

For reference this is what I am looking at

Attachments

• IMG_2633.JPG
    IMG_2633.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 84
You have 2 wires that need to be de-soldered - the red and grey wire in your photo. The red wire is the focus wire and the solder point will be under a plastic flap on your socket connector. There are 2 latches you need to gently lift and the top part of the CRT socket should flap open.

On this socket, the metal solder tab has a hole in it and the focus wire was ran through the hole and wrapped around the tab. This made de-soldering it a pain in the ass, and I ended up just cutting the focus wire and working to clean the tab with tweezers and an iron.

Stripping and re-tinning the focus wire is easy, its stranded wires and solders easy with some flux. When you solder high voltage connections you want to limit any sharp edges or points, try and practice ball soldering.
https://www.spellmanhv.com/en/Technical-Resources/FAQs/Technology-Terminology/What-is-Ball-Soldering

?hash=906af4cb3f864d515d75fab78ce923a3.jpg

The grey wire is more obvious how to de-solder it. Those should be the only 2 soldered wires, everything else is just connectors.

Attachments

• IMG_0463[1].JPG
    IMG_0463[1].JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Super easy! thanks for your help.

Darn didnt do anything for my lack of being able to adjust the red Color on my chassis bahh! going to test another Chassis to see if its a tube prob

As always @nem You are a guru and provide me so much help <3 thanks!
I will try this.

Yeah no red at all
but maybe this test will help

@nem sillt question, tried reading a bunch of links and manuals but I can’t figure out which pin on my neck board is red. Is there an easy way to multi meter it out? Maybe from the transitors?

I fixed a monitor once that had horrible focus once. The focus wire was still inside the neck socket and I guess being held some how. But as soon as I pulled it took it home and put it on my work bench the focus wire was just flapping around in the breeze. "well thats not good.... thats probably my issue right there lol"

Resoldering the focus wire of course fixed my lack of focus..

But yeah commonly the focus wire is soldered to the focus pin tab as shown in the photo above.

@nem sillt question, tried reading a bunch of links and manuals but I can’t figure out which pin on my neck board is red. Is there an easy way to multi meter it out? Maybe from the transitors?

Snap me a pic of the board back side and I'll circle it for you.

You can also deduce it from the neck connector pinout. KR is the red cathode.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:B10-277.jpg

Back