What's new
I appreciate the thought, XeD.

I've a feeling that I'll be ok, one way or the other. Landlord has 2 Nascar cabinets. He got them for free along with a trailer full of like 15 other cabs and a few pins. Never mentioned it to me, laugh, just sold them all to a dealer that fixes the easy fixes and sells as collectibles, then guts the rest for 1000-in-ones, no matter how collectible the cab. I think he got $100 per on the cabs, 400 on a star wars pin, and 50 ea on the slots. As one Nascar is parts only, and the other recently stopped working, I'm hoping he will give me a similar deal. I wouldnt mind having two nanao 2934's around.

We will see.. Hopefully he will make up his mind soon. I'm hoping to not have an empty Blast around for a year or two!
LOL I'd be interested in the pair if he gives up trying to fix them .. if not I might settle with one :p

He already knows that you're on the lookout - I pitched it to him initially about clearing the parts cab to clear up space, as you didn't care if it doesn't work since you plan to gut it anyway. Then he mentioned that his main one doesn't work any more.. I'll look into that this weekend, see if I can figure out what's wrong and what it'll take to fix. If expensive, he'll write it off. If cheap, he wants it for his kids, so he would likely see it repaired. I'll also verify his Pacman Monitor type so I can recap it so he's got one working machine anyway, and hopefully be able to walk away with at least one sitdown, if not both.

We shall see!

I know, everyone hates a double-poster *grin* - but my thread, my rules!! :D

Seriously though... I decided today to pull the yoke from my 2931 tube. It's exactly as I thought, broken at the base of the CRT. Sadly. I'm going to part the monitor out tomorrow - pull the degaussing coil, frame, and whatever wiring is there, then junk the tube.

So far as tube part numbers:

MS-2931 Tube: Toshiba A68LBT696X, Sega PN 200-5710, Model MS-2931-S

MS-2934 Tube: Toshiba A68KSM696X, Sega PN 200-5927W, Model MS-2934-S

From what I've read on ArcadeOtaku with various users, the 2934/2932/2931 are all compatible with the 2934 tube with just a chassis swap. Anyone have any particular experience?

I gather from what's already been said here and from what I've read on arcadeotaku, take yoke readings to be safe - if the yoke on the 2934 is no more than 1ohm higher, then it's good for a chassis swap. If lower, need to swap yokes too. Is this correct?

when I repair any of the 2930-2934 chassis I use the yoke from a 2931 and it works perfectly, there will be some minor differences in the yoke readings but they are well within tolerance.

Awesome... No problems later on with chassis fizzing out or anything down the line?

It's sounding like I need to proceed with the 2931 chassis repair, then prep to swap yoke and chassis. Once I get the 2934 tube, I mean.

Back