What's new

man1aco

Student
Reaction score
I have 4 nanao ms8-26su with this problem.

Which capacitor is responsible for these retrace lines at the top?
Clipboard01.jpg

I suspect it's a single tantalum capacitor that I didn't change, as I changed most of the electrolytics and it didn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
Looks like retrace lines. Replacing all caps around the vertical section usually fixes it.

Yeah I agree, I'm pretty sure a cap or two round the vertical deflection transistor heatsinks get cooked by the heat. There's a resistor in there somewhere that also suffers, although I think that causes vertical collapse when it goes bad.

The NANAO I was using here, I took it out to evaluate the vertical capacitors.

I removed and tested the c432 and c433, c432 tantalum was fine, c433 was bad.
cap.jpg

replaced the c433 10uf 25v capacitor, shit on the fan, the image was horrible but I forgot to take a photo because I was in a hurry to put another chassis here.

I got another NANAO from my personal stash that had the same problem, replaced the capacitor c433, problem solved, there are no longer those lines at the top.
nanao.jpg

I have to overcome my laziness and replace the capacitors on the other NANAO before I need them.

The NANAO I was using here, I took it out to evaluate the vertical capacitors.

I removed and tested the c432 and c433, c432 tantalum was fine, c433 was bad.
cap.jpg

replaced the c433 10uf 25v capacitor, shit on the fan, the image was horrible but I forgot to take a photo because I was in a hurry to put another chassis here.

I got another NANAO from my personal stash that had the same problem, replaced the capacitor c433, problem solved, there are no longer those lines at the top.
nanao.jpg

I have to overcome my laziness and replace the capacitors on the other NANAO before I need them.
What cab/monitor is this if you don’t mind me asking?

Back