What's new

bboycap

Student
Reaction score
Dear all,

Just one question regarding the Naomi 2 issue. hope someone knows the answer and helps me out. :kiss:

I was trying to netboot a Naomi 2 with pi-force on my friend's blast city. When I turned all things on, it showed " THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD."

Then I got into the test mode, the motherboard seemed not recognizing the dimm board. I tried to re-install everything many times, the results were the same.

I thought it should have something broken, but the weird thing is that when I use the same equipment with the same setup on my own blast city and New Net City cabinets, it works fine without any issues. =O

Don't know why it happened :( The only thing i can think is because the Blast city's PSU of my friend has issues on providing enough power to make the Naomi 2 and the dimm board work normally.

Any ideas?

I will be very appreciated if someone can answer this.

Thanks!

Weird. different power supplies? might also be that his PS is on its way out.

Also try reseating the NetDIMM and cleaning the contacts.

Weird. different power supplies? might also be that his PS is on its way out.

Also try reseating the NetDIMM and cleaning the contacts.
Yeah! pretty weird.

it was the same model of the power supplies. I tried reseating the netdimm, but it still didn't work. :(

Sounds like a voltage issue. Have you measured the voltages? Both +3.3V and +5V are important for running. The Blast has pots for adjusting both on the front of the PSU.

Sounds like a voltage issue. Have you measured the voltages? Both +3.3V and +5V are important for running. The Blast has pots for adjusting both on the front of the PSU.
No, I didn't have a volt meter with me when i was installing it. I will measure the voltages and try to adjust them when we get to my friend's house next time. Thanks!

ARCADE PRO TIP: ALWAYS measure your voltages with a multimeter when installing or changing new game boards. Even if you have a voltmeter installed, it's always good practice to check it twice as things can vary drastically between boards and sometimes with time on your PSU.

ARCADE PRO TIP: ALWAYS measure your voltages with a multimeter when installing or changing new game boards. Even if you have a voltmeter installed, it's always good practice to check it twice as things can vary drastically between boards and sometimes with time on your PSU.
cool! Thanks for your suggestion :)

Back