What's new

FrizzleFried

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys... I'm putting together a 4-player cabinet dedicated solely to 3 and 4 player games...

Which games for the Naomi/Atomiswave apply other than Power Stone 2 for the Naomi and Dirty Pigskin Football for the Atomiswave?

I figured if anyone would know, it would be this crowd.

:D

BTW... I mean 4P on the same cabinet/1 monitor.

:)

I think only Guilty Gear Isuka supports 4P on AW??

Dont know about DPF, haven't tried it.

Are you running the AW games as conversions on the naomi or on a AW motherboard?

There was. GG 4-player adapter board in eBay just this week… for silly money…
Can’t find it now tho… Found it!
Link: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402804557811

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I think only Guilty Gear Isuka supports 4P on AW??

Dont know about DPF, haven't tried it.

Are you running the AW games as conversions on the naomi or on a AW motherboard?

I have a Naomi running AW games... but thats' a 2P cabinet. Amazingly I plan on running (or at least try running) these games via emulator on a Pi4 setup. I'm told it's actually possible with good framerates, etc... We'll see. I have a 3 and 4P only TMNT project I'm working on.

Awesome! Thanks MetalliC!!

I'll let y'all know how it goes with this Pi and emulation.

Awesome! Thanks MetalliC!!

I'll let y'all know how it goes with this Pi and emulation.
no problem, but results may depend... iirc only Power Stone 2 will work with single Capcom JVS IO set to 4P mode via DIPSW, while Sega's games require chained 2x JVS IOs, and World Kicks uses Namco V226 IO and unique inputs / control panel.

no problem, but results may depend... iirc only Power Stone 2 will work with single Capcom JVS IO set to 4P mode via DIPSW, while Sega's games require chained 2x JVS IOs, and World Kicks uses Namco V226 IO and unique inputs / control panel.
It's a widespread myth thanks to a certain webpage that capcom IO is needed for 4P power stone 2. But it's wrong ;) you can chain 2 sega JVS IOs too. Post in thread 'FS: 4 player WWF Royal Rumble NAOMI cabinet. Lansing, Michigan.' https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...aomi-cabinet-lansing-michigan.1527/post-18195

I have NAOMI games up and running... but unfortunately only with 2P thus far. I'm not done though!

:)

I will say this... I am FLOORED at how well this little Pi4 can emulate a NAOMI/Atomiswave. I'm impressed.

@FrizzleFried
Beach Spikers
Power Stone 2
Ring Out 4x4
Virtua Athletics
World Kicks
WWF Royal Rumble

Dirty Pigskin Football
Guilty Gear Isuka
Thus far I have gotten Power Stone 2 and Guilty Gear Isuka to work 4 player.

Looking at flyers, I think WWF Royal Rumble, while a 4 player game, is only setup to run 2 player per monitor (the 4 player cabinet has two monitors showing). I can't seem to get this game to play in anything other than 2 player mode.

Ring Out 4x4 is a driving game it appears...

Oddly, I can't seem to get Dirty Pigskin Football to run anything other than 2 player ... even though Guilty Gear works great (both Atomiswave games)?!?

Still working...

have you tried set it to 4Player in BIOS setting ?
also, I'd guess, reicast/flycast or whatever emulator you use, probably doesnt emulate 2x chained JVS IOs for these games, so no 4P mode for you

WWF (as well as other games) - it just uses video splitter, all monitors display the same

no idea about ports of AW games, idk how/if ports supports 4P mode

Was able to finally figure out how to get in to the bloomin' service menus...

OK...

Powerstone 2 - working 4p
Guilty Gear Isuka - working 4p
Dirty Pigskin - working 4p

Beach Spikers - This is a NAOMI 2 game ... I don't have the ROM (yet) to test but I suspect this Pi4 might not cut it...
Ring Out 4x4 - This is a very cool looking 4-player cocktail "driver" game that uses wheels... not a good fit for my cabinet.

World Kicks - I can get a 4 players to START ... however I think this game may utilize analog sticks? Everyone wants to go to the top left...
Virtua Athletics - Still looking for a ROM that will work.
WWF Royal Rumble - When I assign it 4 player I a missing I/O error. I've not really messed with it yet.

That's where we are at. World Kicks is likely going to end up in the "nope" column. I hope to get Virtua Athletics and WWF Royal Rumble working...

There you go. And I did get Virtua Athlete to run... unfortunately I get the same issue I get with my other Sega game when I attempt to switch from 2P to 4P mode via the System settings ... I get this error:

ERROR!!
I/O BD CONNECTED TO NAOMI BD DOES NOT
FULFILL THE GAME SPECS.

I suspect Flycast doesn't support a 2nd I/D device which is what the software appears to be looking for.

SO... it appears I've got 3 new games... and 2 more POTENTIALLY possible one day maybe....

:D

Back