What's new

malarrya

Student
Reaction score
Hello, recently my Naomi 1 with NetDimm seems to have forgotten to play the startup logo theme. I thought I had lost the sound altogether but, once I get games loaded, the sound works fine. I test the sound channels within TEST mode and the games test mode and everything works fine.

I have also noticed that, when flashing games over wifi to the Naomi using a wireless bridge the files seem to be taking a lot longer or not completing transfer at all. It was a huge PITA to get the NetDimm seated so it worked every time but, once I finally did get the right position, it's been working flawless for about 1.5 years.

Is it possible the netdimm or Naomi are starting to go?

Thanks!

Well I am confused. I flashed it with Street Fighter Alpha 3. It took a bit long to flash but the game played great. I then tried reflashing once more with Capcom vs SNK MF2000 and the boot logo theme now works again. The NetDIMM has been get getting a lot of incomplete flashes lately over the wireless bridge so maybe a bad flash caused the Naomi to freak out?

Depending on game, I sometimes get the Naomi audio with the logo, sometimes I don’t.

Did not know this. Thanks for the information. It seems to be running smoothly once again.

afaik there is only one game which by design have disabled attract mode sounds (as well as NAOMI boot logo sound) - Ikaruga. but it is possible you got some patched game binaries, with disabled attract mode sounds.
in any way - you may enable it again in Test Mode -> System Assignments -> Advertise Sound -> ON

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. The binaries I got were from another thread on this site so I haven't changed anything. I don't yet have a good fix on what games work with my rig and what don't but it seems it's mostly the fighting games that work. I was hoping for Metal Slug 6 but that only goes into test mode.

Back