What's new

hidaniel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question, and I'm pretty sure I understand how all this works, but figured I'd ask just so I know exactly what I need rather than assuming. If I have a Naomi I would like to netboot, and I'm using a Capcom I/O, and all this is hooked up to a supergun, then the I/O is powered via the jamma edge connected to the supergun and the Naomi has to have it's own power, but only for netboot and not cartridges, correct? When people speak about needing two power supplies they're referring to whatever is powering the supergun, which feeds power to the I/O, and the second one is a JVS or modified PSU going to the Naomi? It's not like I'd need three separate power supplies for each of the supergun, I/O, and Naomi?

When people speak about needing two power supplies they're referring to whatever is powering the supergun, which feeds power to the I/O, and the second one is a JVS or modified PSU going to the Naomi?
This is correct. You can simplify and use one PSU for both Supergun / Capcom IO and Naomi. The Meanwell QP-150-3A has all of the DC voltages you need for JAMMA and JVS.

This is correct. You can simplify and use one PSU for both Supergun / Capcom IO and Naomi. The Meanwell QP-150-3A has all of the DC voltages you need for JAMMA and JVS.
Sweet, thanks! Is the primary advantage of using the Meanwell power supply (I'm guessing along with an AWSD Power Supply Interface}, over a computer PSU with an adapter cable, the ability to adjust voltage?

[edit] Wait: Reading comprehension is weak this late at night. Are you saying that I can attach my HAS supergun, via the terminal lugs, to the QP-150-3A in conjunction with the Naomi and it has enough juice to power both, then just unplug the Naomi when using the HAS for regular JAMMA?

Last edited:
Are you saying that I can attach my HAS supergun, via the terminal lugs, to the QP-150-3A in conjunction with the Naomi and it has enough juice to power both, then just unplug the Naomi when using the HAS for regular JAMMA?
You’re exactly right here. I believe the AWSD interface PCB should have enough pins to power both Naomi and HAS but you should confirm. If it doesn’t, you can still wire directly to the PSU terminals.

I’m attaching photo of my PSU wired for JAMMA and JVS. Harness to left goes to JAMMA edge and right harness goes to NAOMI.

Attachments

• CE6574D2-DEE7-4466-9ACD-7E45D81F620E.jpeg
    CE6574D2-DEE7-4466-9ACD-7E45D81F620E.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 102
You’re exactly right here. I believe the AWSD interface PCB should have enough pins to power both Naomi and HAS but you should confirm. If it doesn’t, you can still wire directly to the PSU terminals.

I’m attaching photo of my PSU wired for JAMMA and JVS. Harness to left goes to JAMMA edge and right harness goes to NAOMI.
As a visual learner this is incredibly helpful. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Back