What's new
Well, nothing good to report. The programmer showed up and the first 322 I tried that said blank threw up a write error. And after several attempts I decided that it must be a bad chip. Went to grab the next one and every one after that all said not empty. Tried another erase attempt and same thing, not empty. So, I decided to send this crappy uv eraser back to amazon and ordered a Spectroline UV Eraser. So, it will probably be early next week when it gets here so I'll be back then with another update.
This is the one I got and works pretty well: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802806741194.html

Awesome. How long do you usually have to run it to erase an ic like the m27c322?
In theory 10 minutes should be enough, truth is that you get what you pay for and the timer on this thing breaks easily so I have to monitor it myself. Sometimes So usually I leave it for like 15-20 min with the drawer full of 5 chips.

In theory 10 minutes should be enough, truth is that you get what you pay for and the timer on this thing breaks easily so I have to monitor it myself. Sometimes So usually I leave it for like 15-20 min with the drawer full of 5 chips.
I'll have to get one on order. Thanks!

Yeah, I wonder why they have the timer on the thing only go to like 6 minutes when it takes longer...?

it's probably intended for setting resin or something - even sterilising small stuff

@skate323k137 @stj

Well, we have our answer... after I wiped the original 18 wheeler eprom and used it to try and burn a new capcom... it f*cking worked. I've literally been bashing my head in on this and it appears to be the chips the whole time despite them appearing to be the right ones... I knew I wasn't doing something wrong. Ugh... now, I guess all I'm gonna do is order the ones with the windows like the originals and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks gents for the help... sorry I've wasted so much time, but we'd probably still be going at it if stj hadn't said to try one of the originals and that they might be relabeled. F*ck.

Big props to you guys for staying with me!

I have seen faulty chips that verify on programmers, but fail in circuit or don't read right for the actual device. I'm just glad you have a seemingly good answer here.

Yeah, I wonder why they have the timer on the thing only go to like 6 minutes when it takes longer...?
The timer on the cheap eraser is to be multiplied by 10. eg. "2" is 20 minutes.

I've had much better luck erasing for longer. 20 minutes these days is my minimum, but as @rtw said... 30 minutes+ might yield more consistent results.

they may be slow chips re-labeled.
This, try cleaning the chip surface with some alcohol or mineral spirits and see if the markings come off easily. I tried to google a picture but i've seen some fakes where they print a different marking over the original.

This, try cleaning the chip surface with some alcohol or mineral spirits and see if the markings come off easily. I tried to google a picture but i've seen some fakes where they print a different marking over the original.
Okay I’ll try it. It was a batch of 14 and I’ve gone through all of them and not a single one read even though they said successful and verified. At least not till I tried one of the originals. I’ll to clean the labels and see what happens.

The timer on the cheap eraser is to be multiplied by 10. eg. "2" is 20 minutes.

I've had much better luck erasing for longer. 20 minutes these days is my minimum, but as @rtw said... 30 minutes+ might yield more consistent results.
Yeah I thought so, I've let some of the chips go for 30-40 even and they still say not blank and I'll have to run them through again and then they will register blank. Terrible.

@skate323k137 @stj

Well, now that the capcom eprom ic22 is burning correctly I'm getting further along. It at least goes as far as loading the capcom region screen then nothing. So, I did a game test rom board test and it is telling me that every single rom chip is bad, never seen every single one read bad before... is it a fluke?

bad rom chips.jpg

I'll be damned, I'm not sure off the top of my head, but hopefully someone else has some ideas.

Back