What's new

seikenflyer

Beginner
Reaction score
Why my Naomi Cf kit Virtua Striker 2 v 2000 has inverted buttons in my netdimm? Is there a way to change that?

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Why my Naomi Cf kit Virtua Striker 2 v 2000 has inverted buttons in my netdimm? Is there a way to change that?
What do you mean inverted?

I have a genuine cart here. The buttons are supposed to be like this:
Code:
  1 2
3 for short pass
1 for long pass
2 for shoot

seikenflyer

Beginner
Reaction score
What do you mean inverted?
I have a genuine cart here. The buttons are supposed to be like this:
Code:
  1 2
3 for short pass
1 for long pass
2 for shoot
Its like this here, But the correct positions of the buttons are not supposed to be like this?
1 for short pass
2 for long pass
3 for shoot

Thats what the demo of the game shows, so theres something off here.

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Nope. The button order is different from other Naomi games. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the netbootable version.

seikenflyer

Beginner
Reaction score
Nope. The button order is different from other Naomi games. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the netbootable version.
But when the demo is showed or youre going to shoot a foul or corner kick, the buttons explanation is showed as well and you can see the order like its supposed to be (picture attached).
Ps. I edited the "shoot" in the pic.

Attachments

• VS2.jpg
    VS2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 291

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Check my post again. You need to put button 3 left, button 1 in the middle and button 2 right.

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
@seikenflyer listen to nem, he's correct. I have an original VS2 2000 cart and the buttons are mapped out exactlyas nem describes.

the way Sega does this is on their 3 button panels they see buttons 1 and 2 on the "top row" and button 3 on the "bottom row" and since the "bottom row" starts further to the left it appears as if button 3 is to the left of button 1.

most of their 3-button games are designed this way. it has nothing to do with the Net-DIMM version of the game, the patches for these games don't affect the controls at all.

seikenflyer

Beginner
Reaction score
Check my post again. You need to put button 3 left, button 1 in the middle and button 2 right.
@seikenflyer listen to nem, he's correct. I have an original VS2 2000 cart and the buttons are mapped out exactlyas nem describes.

the way Sega does this is on their 3 button panels they see buttons 1 and 2 on the "top row" and button 3 on the "bottom row" and since the "bottom row" starts further to the left it appears as if button 3 is to the left of button 1.

most of their 3-button games are designed this way. it has nothing to do with the Net-DIMM version of the game, the patches for these games don't affect the controls at all.
Oh i see it now. I didnt know that. Thank you guys for explaining it to me. Ill have to remap the layout manually then. Thank you again.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Jesse's arcade, correct? Arcade Legacy. He's one of the friends I made the year I lived in Cincy.

I also reworked the monitor on the Neo candy he has there.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Newport Kentucky location? I helped him get that one going before I moved.

Gewal

Beginner
Reaction score
Do we live in a world yet where Outtrigger and/or VOOT can be netbooted?

Can't find anything to confirm or any type of general Netbooted support game list.

I am struggling to find a 4th Outtrigger cart and am wondering if for a 4 player setup if one is netbooted that would be an option.

Thanks!

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Do we live in a world yet where Outtrigger and/or VOOT can be netbooted?

Can't find anything to confirm or any type of general Netbooted support game list.

I am struggling to find a 4th Outtrigger cart and am wondering if for a 4 player setup if one is netbooted that would be an option.

Thanks!
net boot compatible versions of both games can be found in the sticky here: Games Fixed to work with DIMM

Gewal

Beginner
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I'll take the plunge into Net Dimm...

I found a post from several years ago regarding a software license to buy to load the games into the SD card. Is that still the method?