What's new

dog789

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. I know this is only my second post but just found the forums a few weeks back as a friend recommended to check this site out. So far, I've read a ton and finally have a few questions. I am running a Blast City Candy Cab, Naomi 1 MB, Compact Flash Reader, and Capcom I/O. Everything is pretty much working perfectly and I am using the Naomi CF.exe program to flash games.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I go to load Naomi games but they all seem to have a .dat ending to them. Most if not all of the .bin files work fine in my setup. I just can't figure out the .dat files. Am I able to play games like Virtua Tennis and World Series Baseball with my current setup?
2. I downloaded wild rider and it came out as a .bin file. However, it did not work and I got error 21. I read Keeichi's thread Error 21 Naomi + CF kit
like 4 times but not sure if I am having the same issue.

Thanks for your help.

Excellent, thanks so much Mitsurugi. I'll give this a go first. Thanks for the clarification on the Naomi 2 and Wild Riders.

Update: Mits thanks very much, got Virtual Tennis 2 working on my Blast City. This is the first Naomi game that has played. Unfortunately, their copy of World Series Baseball is corrupt as well. Grrrr. Wish I could find a good bin of that game.

Anyway, thanks so much.

Last edited:
Gonna bump my own thread because it's roughly around the same issues. Mits, thanks very much for the ROMS thread. Question, I tried both Giga Wing 2 and Marvel vs Capcom and got the ERROR 21 board not compatible both times. It's my understanding these are Naomi 1 games correct? Any advice?

Also, important edit. I was able to download Dolphin Blue and play it on my current setup with no issues. However, when I download the two above and now NBA, the card reader starts acting weird. Instead of loading the game first, the going to both memory checks. It instead starts off at like 36-57% memory, then goes through memory and Eprom like 3-4 times before it finally loads the Naomi screen. Every single time it starts with the memory I know I'm going to get an ERROR 21. So what gives? All Atomiswave games work fine so this is a bit of a baffler.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dog

Last edited:
Back