What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have a filter board with a broken JVS connector. Anyone know off hand which USB header would be a drop in replacement part?

it's the same as the double sockets on pc motherboards - nothing special
just check where the mounting tabs are on the replacement incase they are different

it's the same as the double sockets on pc motherboards - nothing special
just check where the mounting tabs are on the replacement incase they are different
That's kind of what I'm looking for. A specific part with the tabs/pins in the right position/orientation. Would hate to order a part and have it not quite fit...

For reference: have a few boards with similar damage.
IMG_1273.jpg

Thinking this, but not sure: https://www.ebay.com/itm/353309527530

Last edited:
all from china, just some have a middle-man! :D

all from china, just some have a middle-man! :D
Yeah, I'm willing to pay a few dollars extra to let someone else risk not getting the item in a timely manor if at all. Fool me seven or eight times, shame on me still I guess.

New parts are in, but having a wicked time desoldering the old connector. May have to go in with the snips...

Edit: had to use the flush cutters. That ground plane is just too large. Major pain, but first one is done (but untested).
IMG_1282.jpgIMG_1283.jpg

Last edited:
And tested, all's working. So those parts look like a good replacement. Now I just need to do the same for the other board I have with similar damage. Amazing how many of these boards seem to have broken JVS ports on them.
IMG_1284.jpgIMG_1285.jpg

Second one done, used a hot air rework station this time. Still a major pain to pull the old connector. But I think it went better with hot air vs desoldering.
IMG_1303.jpg

Back