What's new
Just want to see if theres any error message.

Does the VMU beep at all when you plug in the Dreamcast adapter?

well, then there is no JP13

I'd recommend to check Maple adapter connections, also make sure you connected DC controller to Maple port B (via CN6) or C (via CN7). other ports will not work.

You could be correct MetalliC, I just pulled up a quick search on a naomi thread and that is what they said on there, on a side note I don't have the adapter myself yet. But I do have a few extra dc ports, so I wired one up real quick, with a hacked wiring harness from a hori joystick (shaved it down to fit onto the pins), and booted up my naomi, I only got the beep at first on memory card and no mvc2 logo on it. Went into test mode , then game test mode, then game configuration and changed VM-KIT TYPE to capcom, saved, rebooted the game. This time vmu beeped, then the mvc2 logo came up and joystick worked fine. So this def works 100% with mvc2, also my pcb for the gamepad wasn't even a regular dc controller. It was a pcb from a "green goblin", or agetech joystick. Attached pictures please don't judge the shoddy hacked wire job, it was a 3 min hack job to test.

Attachments

• 20191024_220533.jpg
    20191024_220533.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20191024_220630.jpg
    20191024_220630.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20191024_220655.jpg
    20191024_220655.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 53
Went into test mode , then game test mode, then game configuration and changed VM-KIT TYPE to capcom, saved, rebooted the game.
@Mavinnom are you doing this?

also, do you have a good battery in your NAOMI so it actually saves the settings when you reboot?

If you checked everything else, and all your settings are correct. The only two things I can think of is double check your pins on that adapter like I suggested if you can, and lastly if you have a dreamcast, test your controller out on that and make sure its working. All this work could just be a dead controller. Its worth a shot at this point.

There really isn't much that could be wrong with the adapter, there isn't any parts on it. If something is wrong with the adapter its in the soldering. Did you double check to make sure no controller pins are bridged with solder globs? If you de-soldered the port from your dreamcast, its really easy to have a bit of solder leak down into the pins. Please if you have a multimeter test them. If not then I don't know what else to suggest. Testing those pins is easy, put your meter on ohms, then put red lead onto one pin put black lead onto another pin go down the line and see what the reading is.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
If you wired it directly to the maple bus and it still doesn't work it probably isn't a problem with the adapter.

Did you try both plugs?

Hey mitsu, sorry. I was able to test the maple adapter and it works :) thx so much!!! and thanks for Suggesting i start a help thread. Super duper helpful all the way.
So what was the problem?

Back