What's new
I'm finally having some progress! I had to change the speed from auto to 10Mbps Full Duplex.

I think faster speed setting might work but for now, this will do.

EDIT: Just booted a game for the first time.

Also, I put the netdimm address in the DNS Server address.

Heres the settings I used:

Attachments

• dns server.jpg
    dns server.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 69
  • duplex speed.jpg
    duplex speed.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 62
That's pretty interesting, what model is your USB -> Ethernet adapter? I wonder if there's something wrong with it to where Auto Negotiate doesn't work. Glad you got it sorted!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1NSSTA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.15NDbVERA710

This is the adapter I'm using.

Thanks for the help everyone. I learned a lot from this experience.

I tried to make the speed higher to 100Mbps but it didn't work. Guess I will have to stick to 10Mbps for now.

I will do a 4.02 firmware update later tonight. Do I still need to buy another 0 chip if I decide to also do a CF mod?

So I just did a 4.02 update and tried to make the speed higher to 100Mbps again and it didn't work.

The update doesn't upgrade the transfer rate unfortunately.

and tried to make the speed higher to 100Mbps again and it didn't work.
I blame that USB adapter you are using, it clearly has an issue detecting and negotiation transfer speeds.
I really recommend you look into getting a Raspberry Pi to run PiForce (A Pi 2 with a 32GB Samsung Evo+ microSD will run ya about 30~40$).

Just buy the parts and I'll pass you a *.img file you can use to image your SD card (zero setup, zero work, all the games, but you would have to set the Naomi to the same IP address I'm configured for).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having similar problems with my naomi netdimm 4.02 setup. I tried various combinations.
Naomi => Crossover => Rasp WipiNetbooter (does not find net dimm)
Naomi => Router => Laptop (can not ping naomi)
Naomi => Switch => 2 differnet Laptops (can not ping naomi)

I tried different ip setups nothing worked so far.
But I can see the LED Blinking when ping the Net Dimms IP - but no response. :/
As I dont know where to find the gametransfer.exe I can not test this method - perhaps someone could help me with this via pm?

I already spent a lot of time trying to get the setup running. Perhaps soneone has another idea what I could try. Is there another chance to test if the Networt on my netdimm is working?

I tried transfergame.exe - thanks for helping me with pm! :)
Unfortunatly only getting a cryptic error message (something with IPE....)

Do I need to have a 0Pic installed to test Network connection? I programmed one, but did remove it from netdimm because I was unsure if it is causing the network connection issue.

connect it to your router and have the netdimm use DHCP to obtain the settings.
the router must be running before you power up the netdimm because the kernel driver wont usually run if it cant see a connection.
i dont think you can hotplug a running unit.

Back