What's new

CMYKhazi-Dan

Student
Reaction score
Hey everybody, My Naomi Sanwa 29E31S-B monitor crapped out on me (yeah, I heard they're not the best)! Was perfect a few months back but seems that overnight it now displays an image far too large and after about an hour shrinks to correct size but is crazily out of focus :( It was blooming a bit before this failure.

I talked to an arcade repair guy and he suggested that damp may have got into it – I have it in an insulated outbuilding but it does get cold in winter if the heating isn't on.

I have an option to send it for repair but would love to hear your thoughts on what may be wrong with it – flyback / main board / CRT etc. – so I could hopefully isolate the problem and not have to send the whole thing off.

I've just taken the back off the cab and tried the Focus adjustment but nothing changed – it now seems worse than yesterday after being on for a couple of hours!

Many thanks in advance, really appreciate thoughts any help with this <3

sanwa-001.jpg

This is the CRT Test Grid

sanwa-002.jpg

sanwa-004.jpg

sanwa-003.jpg

Is a Battle Gear 4 monitor compatible with Naomi? I'm happy with 31Khz

Might take a punt on it then – cheers dude!
Bezel probably won't fit but not too bothered.

You ain’t bovvered, that’s a shame will look a bit weird, swapping the fly back is 10 minutes work if you find the right part.
Might take a punt on it then – cheers dude!
Bezel probably won't fit but not too bothered.

You ain’t bovvered, that’s a shame will look a bit weird, swapping the fly back is 10 minutes work if you find the right part.

I'd like the correct part – if you can point me in the right direction, I'd be very appreciative!

Just bought 2x flybacks from these guys – fingers crossed!!!!!

Ok, so I have received the two flyback replacements – although both have a snapped off plastic clip, the boxes they put them in are too small.

What precautionary advice could any of you knowledgeable guys and gals give to me before I break something and anything problematic or a little tricky to be aware of that I may run into with this replacement?

Thanks in advance

As long as you have a decent size soldering iron, 60 watts would be good as the terminals are quite big.

And a solder sucker , you are then good to go.

Finally got around to hopefully fixing this – I have a small issue that I'm hoping you lovely people can help me with :love:

The Teckno Service Flyback is a little different with its cables.

Is the thinner cable (comes out of the bottom of the Tckno Sevice flyback) the one that needs to be soldered to the neck board like the original (left cable)?

Images below for the wise

flyback-01.jpg

flyback-02.jpg

There's two wires that need to be soldered to the neck board. The thicker focus wire goes to the CRT socket, the thinner G2 wire is soldered to the PCB.

It's always like this. Thicker = focus, thinner = G2.

There's two wires that need to be soldered to the neck board. The thicker focus wire goes to the CRT socket, the thinner G2 wire is soldered to the PCB.

It's always like this. Thicker = focus, thinner = G2.
Awesome, thanks 😍 what I was thinking!

Thanks for all your help you lovely people 😍
Got there in the end! 😆

Back