What's new

darkchao

Student
Reaction score
Just upgraded my 2p 3 button control panel to a 2p 6 button. Got the correct harness from AGS, but Input Test isn't picking up the additional buttons.

Took the machine to a show last month, someone spilled a soda right inside where the I/O board mounts. I've since cleaned it, but I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Maybe this revision of the SEGA I/O doesn't support 6 button play?

On mobile, uploaded pictures here:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B06JtdOXmJRXNbt

Are you sure the 60 pin harness has the pins for those buttons populated? You may need to install those yourself. What came with the kit?

I'm sure it's populated - I took pictures of both sides of the connector, (see link in the first post) maybe there's something fishy?

Can I see your actual panel and button wiring?

Sure thing, updated again with panel wiring pictures - let me know if you need more detail.

Looks ok. Have you traced the grounds all the way back to the I/O? You can test also by stripping a piece of wire and connecting the new grounds with a known working ground such as the ground for your top three buttons.

Nope. All the extra buttons are already on the 60 pin connector of the JVS I/Os.

I could have sworn I tested the ground, but I will try again when I'm at the shop tomorrow. I did a continuity test on the individual harness connector, and there were no problems there.

I thought maybe I was missing something simple like a jumper as well, but I didn't see anything that would indicate that on the board. Extremely puzzled.

There is no jumper on this IO but you do have to add a loopback on the 60 pin connector which is present in the pictures. If it wasn't present none of the buttons would work.

Back