What's new

Talon

Beginner
Reaction score
I recently got a Naomi 2 and a net dimm and have been playing around with it for months. One day it decided to freeze on me in the middle of a game. I just thought it was an error with the rom or something so I just turned it off until the next time I wanted to play. Well, the next time I turned it on there was nothing. No picture and no sound. Tried power cycling multiple times with the same results so I decided to remove the net dimm and it booted the Naomi just fine with of course the standard error because there was no cart installed. Perhaps the memory went bad on it? Thoughts? Perhaps there's someone on this forum that I can send it off to be fixed? It just sucks to get all excited for my first Naomi setup to become sad that I can't play it =(

Unfortunately I don't have another cartridge to test it. However when I pull out the net dimm it boots fine, just gives me the error that there isn't a cartridge installed.

I was able to play games on it for months so I don't think power is the issue, but I'm using the power supply in the Cyber Lead which seems to work perfectly with the Naomi.

try by removing daughter board of your netdimm
You'll will an error 22 but if it boot, you have found the problem.
But for me it can be more an psu problem. Check that you got 100v or almost

Thanks I'll try that when I get a chance =)

This really sounds like a Power Supply problem...
I know my Naomi will only boot carts if powered by the Capcom IO, if I connect a DIMM nothing.
However if I power the Naomi with a real Sun JVS PSU, no problems whatsoever.

Even if it was working fine for months? I have an ATX PSU that I can try and get back to you guys. Haven't been home to really try it these past couple of days. Thanks for all the great info :)

Even if it was working fine for months? I have an ATX PSU that I can try and get back to you guys. Haven't been home to really try it these past couple of days. Thanks for all the great info :)
everything is going to die one day
Caps are usually getting old and it's tolerance aren't enough to make it working great. Japanese cab are designed to work at 100v.
Caps have 10/15% tolerance when new.
If you have 230v at home but sometimes it's change, depends of your local transformator.
Assuming you got 235 or 240v,your power converter doesn't deliver 100v and at last you have problem like this

Back