What's new

bakuku

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello guys,

After stalking this forum for some Time now I’ve finally acquired one of my dream cabinets (as well as my first).

I’m now the proud owner of a Time Crisis 3 DX Twin cabinet.

Unfortunately I’m in a Crisis (pun intended).
Player 2 side RED CRT is not working.
It uses a Mitsubishi VS-50609 Rear Projection Monitor.
I’ve downloaded the Service Manual but I’m not quite sure where to start looking and where to measure or how.

Would anybody be willing to help me on my way?
I really hope I can fix this issue (might have taken a to big of a project on my hands as a first Arcade cabinet).

(If posted in wrong place, please move or delete).

Thank you.

Hello and welcome!

There are many reasons why one side would not work. First of all, try exchanging the system 246 from one side to the other and see if the error continues the same. If that is the case, then the problem is the monitor, if now the other unit is the one that is broken and your Player 2 starts working, then the error is in your system 246.

If the error is the monitor, have a look at the chasis, take a couple of pictures and post them here. If the error is the 246, then most probably you need to buy a new 246.

Let us know how it goes.

Ahhh so the problem is not on one side of the 2 Players, but rather the Color Red in your projector. I see it now. We need the monitor experts here, but definitely looks like a chasis problem to me.

Did you have a look at the caps? See any bulky ones? I'm sure @nem has something more to say ;)

Well, you're moving the chassis, so I would think it's a connection issue or a solder joint problem (flexing the PCB).

Powered off, I would start with reconnecting everything that is connected to the tubes and the neck boards. The tubes should automatically discharge, but do a manual discharge just in case. If you don't hear a snap or a pop sound, you're good to go.

Pull the neckboards off as well.

Remember to triple check that everything is connected before you turn power back on. It's easy to forget something, because there's three sets of wires.

Well, you're moving the chassis, so I would think it's a connection issue or a solder joint problem (flexing the PCB).

Powered off, I would start with reconnecting everything that is connected to the tubes and the neck boards. The tubes should automatically discharge, but do a manual discharge just in case. If you don't hear a snap or a pop sound, you're good to go.

Pull the neckboards off as well.

Remember to triple check that everything is connected before you turn power back on. It's easy to forget something, because there's three sets of wires.
I did a reflow of all the connections on the RED CRT neckboard (PCB) but the issue is still present. Tilting still makes RED light up.

Next step will be to check on the Mainboard (bit scared to be honest).

I didn’t notice any bulging caps.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

Such an intermittent issue will not be due to caps.

The tubes are identical, you could swap blue with red and see if the issue follows.

Such an intermittent issue will not be due to caps.

The tubes are identical, you could swap blue with red and see if the issue follows.
When you say swap tubes; you mean change the neck boards?

Actually, even better, since you have the other monitor, take the red tube and neck board from that and drop it in faulty monitor. If your issue persists, then you can be sure it's chassis side.

Back