What's new

tonyt76

Champion
Reaction score
1. Member purchased a tube & frame from me. Wasn't happy with it after receiving it, so I asked him what he would like back in a refund for the inconvenience. I refund him.

2. Member purchased a Toshiba monitor chassis from me. Claimed it was poorly packaged. Again, I ask him what he would like back in a refund for the inconvenience. I refund him.

3. Member buys 2 Toshiba chassis from me, clearly listed as non-tested. I also put No Refunds on These, All Sales Are Final very clearly in the ad. He then proceeds to tell me he is sending them back for a full refund after I remind him of the terms of the sale. I fully refund him.

At this point I had enough and tell this member, "please do not contact me again". as he finds fault in everything and refuses to follow terms on sales.

Last edited:
Be your own judge.

Attachments

• 20240421_205913.jpg
    20240421_205913.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 20240421_205849.jpg
    20240421_205849.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 20240421_205842.jpg
    20240421_205842.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 20240414_005955.jpg
    20240414_005955.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 20240414_010032.jpg
    20240414_010032.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 20240414_005812.jpg
    20240414_005812.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 20240414_005802.jpg
    20240414_005802.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 124
Be your own judge.
A couple layers of thin foam is not 'packed well'. Heavy items like monitor chassis require more than that, and if you're shipping in a larger box, you need fill material to keep things from shifting around. Those boxes are going to get tossed around during sorting and loading/unloading, and all that room to move means there's nothing to stop the momentum of the chassis from crashing into whatever thing is adjacent (another box, the ground, other items in the same box, etc).

And are @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w okay with allowing retaliatory feedback? @JohnRambo'sKnife did nothing wrong, shipped the stuff back on their own dime and then gets shit on for warning others?

@benime this transaction does not involve you, at all. And paging @Darksoft & @Mitsurugi-w over this petty non-sense? C'mon man...

I was not going to post this thread at all, but when @JohnRambo'sKnife got butt hurt over telling him to never message me again, he obviously felt the need to attack me.

This thread is not for retaliation. It is simply to tell my side of the story. Regardless of how the items were packed, he got a full refund even after the ad clearly said no refunds.

Some members like to play sides and that's fine. Say whatever you want. My numerous positive feedback threads of my transactions with members here speaks for itself.

I will not reply anymore after this. John said his side of the story, I said mine. He got his money back. Life goes on...

• Dislike
Reactions: VxD
I haven't gotten a newspaper in forever.... I used to be with 'it'.
I get the weekly Supermarket specials in the mail. That's what he used in the video too.

They are free to grab at your local grocery store too!

Del

As someone with no attachment to either of you so I can't really pick 'sides', I don't know why either of you went through with three transactions with each other when you literally had two failed transactions before that?

Transaction 1 - seller and buyer both unhappy, transaction collapses, buyer has to ship items back, seller has to issue refund
Transaction 2 - seller and buyer both unhappy, transaction collapses, buyer has to ship items back, seller has to issue refund
Transaction 3 - 'hey do you know what would be a good idea? lets deal with each other again'

Something clearly isn't working, perhaps just don't deal with people if it goes wrong after two transactions?

Just my 2C.

Ive seen the best way to send a chassis is to pack it properly in a box and the packed box with the chassis inside should be placed in another empty box and of course to secure inside this box with the packed box with the chassis. double boxed style to not headache :happy: . i know its not my bussines , but i had good experiences with @JohnRambo'sKnife . it happened to me too with a neo geo package ... because i poorly packed , the neo geo controller was inside the box arrieved on destination cracked ... and tbh ... this is how it should be sent sensivitive items !

As someone with no attachment to either of you so I can't really pick 'sides', I don't know why either of you went through with three transactions with each other when you literally had two failed transactions before that?

Transaction 1 - seller and buyer both unhappy, transaction collapses, buyer has to ship items back, seller has to issue refund
Transaction 2 - seller and buyer both unhappy, transaction collapses, buyer has to ship items back, seller has to issue refund
Transaction 3 - 'hey do you know what would be a good idea? lets deal with each other again'

Something clearly isn't working, perhaps just don't deal with people if it goes wrong after two transactions?

Just my 2C.

Nothing was sent back for transactions 1 or 2 and partial refunds were issued in both cases. Transactions 2 and 3 were paid for before either one arrived.
There were at least 4 other transactions without issues, so going into the chassis purchases, there was only 1 transaction that was of any issue.

I bought 4 other chassis from him last year and they were packaged well enough that they arrived without damage. The issue with these recent ones was too much space in the box and not enough padding to keep things from moving around.

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
Back