What's new
You are completely failing to understand the problem and solution here.
I understand but his didn't understand his buying as it complete working game and his told me missing some part and I told him will send it to him but I need time to do it, I have do my best when still not good enough,I offer for return it for full refund when it's not the one his want just return it.
paypal has take the money from my account his just return my game his receive the full refund
my sell is 100% goal all way take care the sell but customer to much request and I can not help it Just return it will refund the money including the freight will not do ply any more.thank youand havea nice weekend!

Side panels and speakers aren't small parts, I'd say that's something that would be considered a base part of the cabinet.

And no, the best you can do is not shipping someone an incomplete cab in the first place. Maybe show some pride in your work and respect for your customers.
Side panels and speakers aren't small parts, I'd say that's something that would be considered a base part of the cabinet.

And no, the best you can do is not shipping someone an incomplete cab in the first place. Maybe show some pride in your work and respect for your customers.
I said will send him the part (replacement) just need some time to do it,it is not good enough?

I said will send him the part (replacement) just need some time to do it,it is not good enough?
KC I don't want to fight with you in this thread, I just want to establish: you spent a month telling me it would be sent out "soon", or even "next week" (which you failed to meet). I started a dispute in hopes of bringing you to the table to actually commit to a time to deliver the parts, which you did -- and then you started acting like I was being too needy, asking too much of you, and started telling me that you wanted the cab back/wanted to refund me, even when I repeatedly told you that wouldn't work for me.

I know you sent me a package -- if that contains the right parts, then that'll be a big move in the right direction. I will report in this thread when I get it. If you were going to send the parts out in the agreed-upon timeframe (by this coming Monday), I don't understand why you started making all this "just return it" noise in the first place.

And I knew I was buying a used game, and was prepared for that. But due to your disorganization, I didn't even receive enough hardware to make the sides stand up for testing. The mistake with the speaker and the side panels was totally forgivable, I understand that mistakes happen, but you failed to send them out in a timely fashion, and dropped the ball on communicating about it (lying to me in the process) -- that's what I took issue with most, it felt like the parts were never coming.

I let customers use PayPal because my sell it has to be complete his ask PayPal to get his money back than his shall return the game and get full refund I do pay for the return freight ,I don’t know what is the problem with full refund
Just return and get the money back forgot the deal.
Please understand why going before say it I have take care from the beginning to the end (missing part will replace just need time to do it) and ask PayPal for return ok and I cover the return freight what Else I can do
He know I going to send it to him when he tell me ,I don’t understand why all the problems for.

I don't know, if you bought a used car that you understood came with doors and a radio and then showed up without them, would you be okay with the seller jerking you around for over a month and then petulantly telling you to just return it? After you spent the last month trying to get them to do the bare minimum? And now you have to either continue to hound them for the parts or take time out of your schedule so you can arrange the return? How would that make you feel? Do you think that's good enough?

I also don't understand why this guy is still allowed to sell here... used to joke with @PascalP how his for sale threads are the worst ever, but this is nothing short of ridiculous.

@kcarcadegame just stop making excuses and send him the parts already, seems like you've had plenty of time to do so. Sending all these messages did cost you a lot more time and effort already.

At this point it has been well established that nobody should ever do business with KC [anymore]. Period. Every person I respect in this hobby has either been ripped off by him directly, or knows someone first hand who was at the very least sent photos of one cab before being sent a different one.

OP I hope you get your parts. Don't return the machine if it's a game you love, but I'm sorry you're on the list of people who have been at the very bare minimum mislead. And any benefit of the doubt is long spent.

If KC had a shred of dignity he would send the parts yesterday with a partial refund for the buyers inconvenience, but I won't hold my breath on account of liking this whole being alive thing.

@mrasmus

Can you please list the exact parts that are missing from the cab?

@kcarcadegame

When the buyer puts the list together, take those parts from another cab and ship them to him at your cost.
Then sell that cab with the missing parts disclosing that they are missing.
Its good business practice to own up to things like this and make them right.

@mrasmus

Can you please list the exact parts that are missing from the cab?
Easy, already did so for the original Dispute thread for PayPal:

"Critical Parts" (with Service Manual part numbers) which he communicated he would send me, but repeatedly delayed:
  1. Right Billboard Speaker assembly (130-5260 Speaker, CNI-1527 right-side bracket, CNI-1528 speaker "lid", with screws holding it together; three pieces were assembled together as one unit when he sent me the two left ones, so I just want exactly what I sent him back in the mail, except mirrored)
  2. Left and right side wire cover panels (CNI-0001 and CNI-0002)
NOTE: As mentioned, I have a package (or a couple?) coming via USPS, apparently today -- when I receive them I will open them and report back. These are the components I would expect to find inside.

Additional parts that he claims did not come with the machine, and at no point since I received it has said he would send along:
  1. SEGA A001 lock cylinders x3 w/ key (As people have pointed out, images in his thread from the batch my cab was in show locks installed -- the doors would be flopping open otherwise. This indicates that he either stripped the locks from mine, or chose one with stripped locks and never indicated that omission.) He offered a set to me for $50, so I would accept that as a suitable cash replacement.
  2. Paradise Floor Mat (Shown on at least one cab in the second linked image above; again its absence was not noted before delivery. Best deal I could find on this on the open market was an 8000¥ YAJ listing (now 10,000¥) which includes it as part of a set. Someone else can advise how much that would likely cost after currency conversion and shipping, I'm inexperienced on YAJ.)
I list these parts because his only real descriptions of the cab's condition were "complete" (before I paid), and that he'd "send [me] the best one" (after he refused to honor the $200 off he was offering other buyers when shipping my cab). Without being informed they were missing, it seems like a reasonable expectation to think they were included. His photos directly to me never showed either their omission nor inclusion, because he didn't provide a cohesive set of photos of what he was sending - just piecemeal shots (attached), without even a shot of the base cab.

On top of this, I enumerated $16.10 for the shipping back of the extra speaker, and another $51.16 for the missing nuts and bolts (overpaid for larger quantities of some pieces, which I've actually offered to send him if they'd be valuable, since I don't have a use for them). He actually agreed to refund both of these costs when we were talking about the idea that he wanted the cab back. Total $67.26.

The above, altogether, are what I have consistently claimed would make me "whole" since the start of the dispute. The "critical parts" were the most pressing because they don't even show up on YAJ.

Reminder that I have not requested the $200 discount that he offered others, after asking for it once pre-shipment and being turned down -- while it was kinda shitty to find out that my 2-month loan to him had locked in a worse price than day-1 buyers, I committed to the price when I paid it and it wasn't a breach of contract for him to say "no" to a price adjustment.

10_examples-a.PNG11_examples-b cropped.png

Last edited:

"Critical Parts" (with Service Manual part numbers) which he communicated he would send me, but repeatedly delayed:
  1. Right Billboard Speaker assembly (130-5260 Speaker, CNI-1527 right-side bracket, CNI-1528 speaker "lid", with screws holding it together; three pieces were assembled together as one unit when he sent me the two left ones, so I just want exactly what I sent him back in the mail, except mirrored)
  2. Left and right side wire cover panels (CNI-0001 and CNI-0001)
NOTE: As mentioned, I have a package (or a couple?) coming via USPS, apparently today -- when I receive them I will open them and report back. These are the components I would expect to find inside.

Additional parts that he claims did not come with the machine, and at no point since I received it has said he would send along:
  1. SEGA A001 lock cylinders x3 w/ key (As people have pointed out, images in his thread from the batch my cab was in show locks installed -- the doors would be flopping open otherwise. This indicates that he either stripped the locks from mine, or chose one with stripped locks and never indicated that omission.) He offered a set to me for $50, so I would accept that as a suitable cash replacement.
  2. Paradise Floor Mat (Shown on at least one cab in the second linked image above; again its absence was not noted before delivery. Best deal I could find on this on the open market was an 8000¥ YAJ listing (now 10,000¥) which includes it as part of a set. Someone else can advise how much that would likely cost after currency conversion and shipping, I'm inexperienced on YAJ.)
I list these parts because his only real descriptions of the cab's condition were "complete" (before I paid), and that he'd "send [me] the best one" (after he refused to honor the $200 off he was offering other buyers when shipping my cab). Without being informed they were missing, it seems like a reasonable expectation to think they were included. His photos directly to me never showed either their omission nor inclusion, because he didn't provide a cohesive set of photos of what he was sending - just piecemeal shots (attached), without even a shot of the base cab.

On top of this, I enumerated $16.10 for the shipping back of the extra speaker, and another $51.16 for the missing nuts and bolts (overpaid for larger quantities of some pieces, which I've actually offered to send him if they'd be valuable, since I don't have a use for them). He actually agreed to refund both of these costs when we were talking about the idea that he wanted the cab back. Total $67.26.

The above, altogether, are what I have consistently claimed would make me "whole" since the start of the dispute. The "critical parts" were the most pressing because they don't even show up on YAJ.

Reminder that I have not requested the $200 discount that he offered others, after asking for it once pre-shipment and being turned down -- while it was kinda shitty to find out that my 2-month loan to him had locked in a worse price than day-1 buyers, I committed to the price when I paid it and it wasn't a breach of contract for him to say "no" to a price adjustme

2. Left and right side wire cover panels (CNI-0001 and CNI-0001)

Reminder that I have not requested the $200 discount that he offered others, after asking for it once pre-shipment and being turned down -- while it was kinda shitty to find out that my 2-month loan to him had locked in a worse price than day-1 buyers, I committed to the price when I paid it and it wasn't a breach of contract for him to say "no" to a price adjustment.
Just return it back to me

@kcarcadegame are you going to cover all freight charges due to your misrepresentation? And refund the buyer all original cost and freight?

If you're not prepared to do that just send the guy what you sold him. And even so he shouldn't have to agree to this!
To be completely clear (this was discussed up-thread): He offered me a full return, including freight costs, which I refused; at the end of the day, I spent a vacation day on receiving this thing, and would need to spend another on sending it back -- that is very expensive in itself, and a refund would leave me down two vacation days, and nothing to show for it. As such I've been trying to work with him; honestly, I don't expect him to cover the cash value of the floor mat in particular. By rights I feel like it should have been provided, but it's not critical. Had he tried to negotiate with me at all, he would've heard exactly that. The "critical" parts (if he's shipped them) were the biggest sticking point for me. The locks are... kind of a principal thing, really, but the pressing issues were the hard-to-find "critical" parts, and the cash value for the nuts/bolts/shipping.

Honestly, hell -- the floor mat should have been disclosed as missing. And the locks, too. I probably would have still bought the cab, at the same price, if they had been disclosed as missing.

The funny thing is, the cash value of the locks, plus the cash owed, plus the floor mat YAJ listing... it all comes out to not that much more than the $200 discount he offered others. He could effectively "settle" things in my book by providing the speaker/panels (again, maybe that's in my mailbox today), and just honoring that "deal" he gave others, for me.

I get him the best offer it is not about the money it is about the request is over my limited let paypal take care the case
Weak. Hiding behind paypal?? You're lucky OP didn't use a credit card with paypal and just charge back you to teach you a lesson.

Come on man. Could you possibly represent yourself more poorly?

@mrasmus Write back when you get the parts in and let us know what's there.

If the critical parts are there, that squashes that.

As far as locks/keys, honestly, they are not always there, or are complete, etc... but I feel that in a "newer" cab like this they should be.
If he has a set for $50, and you are fine with that you can offset it from your cash expense.

Regarding the mat, if he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. If he does let him send it out to you, or maybe he can get it to you in a reasonable time frame?!
If not at all, I think a maybe a refund of around $130-150 is in order?! This will cover let's say the one on yaj for $10K yen with fees and shipping.

@kcarcadegame at this point, if you sent the buyer the critical missing parts, then just issue a refund of $200 and call it a day (being that you gave others that discount, just makes sense) . Learn and grow from these experiences. DONT REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES.

It should not have come to all this, but sometimes it's unavoidable and the only way, hope you guys finish working this out and move forward/on.

Weak. Hiding behind paypal?? You're lucky OP didn't use a credit card with paypal and just charge back you to teach you a lesson.

Come on man. Could you possibly represent yourself more poorly?
I did, and still could, but honestly I really don't wanna go that route; it's frankly nuclear and more trouble than the couple hundred dollars is worth to me (they might rule more, I don't know, just... I'm really not looking to screw him over, which that almost certainly would do in a potentially huge way).

The issue is that, by offering the return that I don't want through PayPal, PayPal has decided that "Oh, that's a ruling the Buyer's favor -- case closed, they just need to ship it back!" Doing so has short-circuited the process, ensuring a human mediator at PayPal will never review the case file. Had it gone to such mediation, I would have requested a partial refund and allowed them to judge if it was a fair ask or not; that was actually my plan with the dispute in the first place, but his refund subverts that. I've heard of at least two other cases, now, where he has offered unwanted refunds (that were turned down) in a way that similarly subverted the effectiveness of PayPal's dispute process.

EDIT: For reference, right now PayPal is asking me for my shipping confirmation information for the return. They give me no "Cancel/Turn Down Refund" option, so my only option is to let the 10 day window expire, at which point he will get the money back.

I've been in that boat with paypal, which sadly is why I back with a credit card, because my bank will still charge back paypal if they screw me on the dispute process in this way (which does indeed cause headaches for the seller).

And I'm not suggesting you or anyone should file a change back in this situation exactly, only that he's lucky you're not one to teach him the hard way.

Back