What's new
Mark your items as sold

leonk

Student
Reaction score
FS: Neo Geo AES ALL-IN-1 cart for your AES system.

You can learn more about this cart here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/reverse-engineering-161-in-1-cartridge-to-change-rom-games.15069/

Since October, I've made over 2 dozen of these carts for the local Canadian market (both AES and MVS) I have an extra AES cart and, for the first time, making it available for customers outside of Canada (USA and Canada only please due to high shipping prices elsewhere) Here's what was done in making this cart:

- All flash chips are removed and reprogrammed with a full set of all clean Neo Geo ROM dumps (all MVS, AES, some Neo Geo CD ports, some homebrew games) - NO HACKS
- the 3 FPGA chips are reprogrammed with new code to support the extended number of games
- new menu is installed to make game selection easy
- extra flash is added to make all the games fit (stock 161-in-1 doesn't have enough memory chips to fit all the games)
- all daughter board PCBs are new - none were reused from the original cart
- new custom power rail circuit is added to support the extra memory and fix the bad audio output of the original design - this is a custom design by me using new components
- all the capacitors have been replaced with new Nichicon caps
- all components sourced from Digi-key

There's a lot of work and many hours that goes into making this and worst part, to make 1 good cart, 2 original carts are needed (as one of them loses a flash memory chip to make the other bigger) But at the end result is well worth it. All original games, unmodified, on a single cart. All games instantly boot, no waiting a few minutes for games to load from like the SD solution.

A customer reviewed the cart on YouTube here (you can see the list of games on the cart):
View: https://youtu.be/CZrfZtqh2BI?si=JxmPLWvjMtNpf4VO

My video of the cart in action: https://x.com/leonkiriliuk/status/1721719015972762101

PRICE: $350 CAD + actual shipping to you (to most places that's about $25-$30 CAD) or about $275USD shipped to you with tracking.

PAYPAL ACCEPTED.

NOTE: This is not a pre-order. The cart is made and will be shipped to you the same or next day. There's only 1 cart ready at the moment. Periodically I might post more as I get free time to make them. I don't do pre-orders. Sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_7402.JPG
    IMG_7402.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7403.JPG
    IMG_7403.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 71
  • overview.jpeg
    overview.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 67
  • programming.jpeg
    programming.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 68
  • all_adapters.jpeg
    all_adapters.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 67
Sure, would be happy to buy one for a testbench if another comes available

My cart came in and a few comments:

1. @leonk was a fantastic seller. Shipped quickly, packed well, arrived as described. Thank you!
2. I didn't look at the video before buying, but in the thread to make the carts the menu had some sort of updated art. These are black, no picture. I prefer that!
3. I'm on UniBios 3.3 and I like how it says Vortex Edition on some games. Is there a hot key from the joystick to get back to game menu? Soft reset from UniBios screen only goes back to game title screen.
4. I played through Metal Slug 2 (original not turbo or X). There are very slight graphical glitches (horizontal lines through the background) on some stages. Might be my AES, cart connections, or PSU, but I'd though I'd bring it up if anyone else gets one they can compare. I'll play through again after some cleaning and I'll post an update.

I got this the same time I got a AES flashcart, and the flashcard has stayed in the packaging. This is very cool and instant loading of the games.

My cart came in and a few comments:

1. @leonk was a fantastic seller. Shipped quickly, packed well, arrived as described. Thank you!
2. I didn't look at the video before buying, but in the thread to make the carts the menu had some sort of updated art. These are black, no picture. I prefer that!
3. I'm on UniBios 3.3 and I like how it says Vortex Edition on some games. Is there a hot key from the joystick to get back to game menu? Soft reset from UniBios screen only goes back to game title screen.
4. I played through Metal Slug 2 (original not turbo or X). There are very slight graphical glitches (horizontal lines through the background) on some stages. Might be my AES, cart connections, or PSU, but I'd though I'd bring it up if anyone else gets one they can compare. I'll play through again after some cleaning and I'll post an update.

I got this the same time I got a AES flashcart, and the flashcard has stayed in the packaging. This is very cool and instant loading of the games.

MVS carts need the patched unibios to return to menu. With AES games, just press the reset button on the console and it will take you back to the menu. This functionality was removed from the MVS FPGA code because of extra copy protection in some games that on MVS purposely triggered the reset during IPL. With this code in place, it will result in the game dropping back to main menu during game load. This code doesn't exist on the AES version so the reset to menu code was left in place.

Dang, I should have asked you to include a patched Uniboios in the box! Next time!!!!

Now that I've had an afternoon to mess with it and the NeoSD Pro... man, there is no comparison. This is better in every way, with one exception. Being able to add future games is handy, but I'm not sure how useful since so few games are coming out and many are protected via FPGAs or whatever now.

This is faster, no loading or flashing, the menu is 1,000,000% better. Bigger, easier to read etc. and of course, tons cheaper!

Thanks again dude!

I don't blame you. I sold these a couple months ago because of this cart.

1716604723282.png

OK @leonk, I'm still happy with the cart and I'm not asking for a refund or a return, however, there are graphical issues that persist, despite a very thorough cleaning. I also compared the same games to version on the NeoSD Pro, which is actually known to have graphical problems! Here is an example from Neo Turf Masters. Same graphical error, same exact spot. Reset, cleaning, etc does nothing. This error does NOT exist on NeoSD Pro, and sadly I don't have a legit cart to test!

View: https://youtu.be/MSKdVA59bmk

Any ideas? Any other person with one of these can they verify their cart on this spot? I picked this b/c it's easy to see and narrow down to a specific part of the screen.

As we discussed over PM, your console has been modified. This needs to be tested on a system where the CXA1145 RGB amp isn't bypassed to see if it fixes the issue you are seeing. When I get another AES in for repair, I will test the cart on it as my AES was modified the same way. :(

I also tested the MVS carts on an unmodified MVS 1-slot, and it doesn't have this issue. Gillaxian's Twitch stream from the weekend, where he showed this exact game on his machine didn't have this glitch either. :(

If I find out what it is, I'll post it here. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

OK @leonk, I'm still happy with the cart and I'm not asking for a refund or a return, however, there are graphical issues that persist, despite a very thorough cleaning. I also compared the same games to version on the NeoSD Pro, which is actually known to have graphical problems! Here is an example from Neo Turf Masters. Same graphical error, same exact spot. Reset, cleaning, etc does nothing. This error does NOT exist on NeoSD Pro, and sadly I don't have a legit cart to test!

View: https://youtu.be/MSKdVA59bmk

Any ideas? Any other person with one of these can they verify their cart on this spot? I picked this b/c it's easy to see and narrow down to a specific part of the screen.
I'll reply to my own post here. This looks like it could be an amp issue with my PSU. I'm going to source a PSU with more amps and see if the small graphic issues clear up. I did try another PSU, but alas it has a low amp output and while the corruption did move location, it was not eliminated.

Back