What's new

Triplegreen

Student
Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that does reasonably priced neo geo repair? I have 2 FT boards one with battery damage to the ram looking chip next to it and another with vram missing.

Lots of people on here including myself can repair neo stuff but Im not sure who would be the closest/best suited for you. Hopefully you can find someone to get them fixed up for you.
I know that channelmaniac is one of the best but Im not sure if he has the availability right now.

Lots of people on here including myself can repair neo stuff but Im not sure who would be the closest/best suited for you. Hopefully you can find someone to get them fixed up for you.
I know that channelmaniac is one of the best but Im not sure if he has the availability right now.
Looking through posts I that he repairs Neo Geo but it looks like he hasnt been active on KLOV in over a year. Is he on here?

Is there anyone on here that does reasonably priced neo geo repair? I have 2 FT boards one with battery damage to the ram looking chip next to it and another with vram missing.
Ok,
Try this.
Contact Raymond Jett on Facebook if you get the chance. He is always working on boards and getting them going on the arcade repair help group there.
He tries to help out just about everyone online and maybe he can help you. I can't guarantee anything but it's worth a shot.

Hope that helps

Ok,
Try this.
Contact Raymond Jett on Facebook if you get the chance. He is always working on boards and getting them going on the arcade repair help group there.
He tries to help out just about everyone online and maybe he can help you. I can't guarantee anything but it's worth a shot.

Hope
Hey you still produce you tube content?

Hello folks. I too, am looking for someone who would be willing to give my mvs4 a once over, recap, and troubleshoot a couple issues.

I don’t have Facebook, so I can’t get a hold of Raymond Jett.

I sent an email to arcadecomponents, but no response.

I’m located in california, and am willing to drive anywhere within the state or mail my PCB anywhere within the country. I’ll pretty much pay whatever is necessary. I also think a need a recap of my chassis, got some vertical fold

I don’t have the tools or knowledge to attempt this stuff myself, and I don’t want to try to learn on my only board, not worth the risk.

thanks in advance!

I'm getting a recap on a Neo Geo AES from a guy I've had do recap work for me for two other projects, a transplant and a recap for a Super Nintendo, and a recap on a pc engine core grafx. I don't think he has ever done work on arcade pcbs, but I can ask him and see if he can do that sort of work if you like.

Hello folks. I too, am looking for someone who would be willing to give my mvs4 a once over, recap, and troubleshoot a couple issues.

I don’t have Facebook, so I can’t get a hold of Raymond Jett.

I sent an email to arcadecomponents, but no response.

I’m located in california, and am willing to drive anywhere within the state or mail my PCB anywhere within the country. I’ll pretty much pay whatever is necessary. I also think a need a recap of my chassis, got some vertical fold

I don’t have the tools or knowledge to attempt this stuff myself, and I don’t want to try to learn on my only board, not worth the risk.

thanks in advance!
Im sorry I am just now seeing this, Raymond is active on facebook, he just sent me a system 16 board 2 weeks ago. he turned down my MVS repairs becaause he started a new job but i decided I am going to repair them AFTER I repair the backlog of monitor chassis i got lying about. I way too many MVS boards anyways so If they neve come back i will sell them on here mega cheap.

Hi,
I have a faulty memory card slot on an AES 3-6 unit. I live in Thailand, so would prefer to send it somewhere in Asia, but I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks,

I'm on here :)

That new job sucked dog balls... That was the only job I ever walked out of. Culturally toxic is the nicest thing I can say about it.

I'm sticking to semi-retirement for a while and doing arcade game work almost full time. :)

I'm on here :)

That new job sucked dog balls... That was the only job I ever walked out of. Culturally toxic is the nicest thing I can say about it.

I'm sticking to semi-retirement for a while and doing arcade game work almost full time. :)
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to see if I can work it out myself first. I might post on the forum soon. See if I can get some advice first. - I'll let you know:)

Hi,
I have a faulty memory card slot on an AES 3-6 unit. I live in Thailand, so would prefer to send it somewhere in Asia, but I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks,

I try to not do international repairs as the shipping headaches and VAT issues are tiring.

BUT... I do have a memory card slot connector for an AES sitting here on my desk. I sold the parts PCB after I pulled the cart slot connector.

Ok. Let me have a look at the pcb this weekend and I’ll let you know.
Thanks for your help :)

Hi,
Thanks,
Hi,

Regarding my broken memory card slot: I am not sure what the source of the problem is, but I am unable to save games on my 3-6 AES, with an original Neo Geo card or a japangamesonline.com card. The Neo Geo card doesn’t register in the memory card menu (a+vb+c). The japangamesonline.com card registers sometimes, then becomes corrupted and I get errors on the splash screen. After that, the save data is lost and I can’t access the card in the menu.

I’ve opened up my AEs 3-6. I had a good look at all the pins – they seem fine. All straight and clean looking. No corrosion. I have looked, with my naked eye, at the traces, and I can’t see anything obviously damaged.

I am looking for breaks in traces, or corrosion, but I can’t see either stemming from the memory card slot.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Common errors, thing to look for, and / or people who could repair?

ChannelManiac suggested a replacement memory card slot, but I’m not sure that’s what I need. Also, I live in Thailand. I’m willing to post, but would prefer a Asian connection, if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8726.jpg
    IMG_8726.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8729.jpg
    IMG_8729.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8653 (1).jpg
    IMG_8653 (1).jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 74
If you have a socketed bios you could try my updated diag bios. I added memory card related testing support a number of months ago

https://github.com/jwestfall69/neogeo-diag-bios

There are some docs about it in here (all the memcard*.md files)

https://github.com/jwestfall69/neogeo-diag-bios/tree/master/docs/tests/68k

One thing to considered when testing is its usually best to have a known working memory card and using it to test a suspect memory card subsystem, or a known working memory card subsystem to test a suspect memory card. Having both be suspect can make it difficult to identify which (or both) are causing any issues.

Thanks. It looks like a good program.

I am pretty sure the Japangamesonline card is working fine. It's new.

Unfortunately, I don't I have the equipment to set this up. I'd need to add files to an eprom, I think. It might be too complicated for me to fix alone.

I'm still very interested in a repair, if possible :)

Thanks for that. I’ll get on to it.

I see there are several different tests. Do you know which tests I should run?

Back