What's new
Looks like NeoSD doesn't work with 4 slot MVS. Does anyone knows if it works with 2 slot MVS?

Or more importantly to me the 6-slot.

Most cabs have 4slots right? So yeah thats a no go

Most cabs have 4slots right? So yeah thats a no go
I have never in my entire life seen a 4-slot, not to mention a 6-slot. I even talked to a guy I know, who was an arcade operator back in the day, and he told me as that far as he knows, neogeo only came in 1 or 2-slots. Not even him ever saw a 4 or 6-slot (however bear in mind I am writing this from a 3rd-world country :) )

Looks like NeoSD doesn't work with 4 slot MVS. Does anyone knows if it works with 2 slot MVS?
It seems it was a firmware issue, and it seems they already fixed it. I really want to see the new video showing the progress in DS cart. :)

Last edited:
ci-120717034622-960.jpg

NeoGeoLeftSmall.jpg

images

BXzqJoICMAAlvdp.jpg

Only ever see 4 slots to be honest

I would asume that in Colombia operators used to import many things from the US... you should show these cabs to your friend:

http://www.hardmvs.com/xml/usa/usCabs.htm

specially the 2- 4- or 6- variants :)
Not really sure where they came from man, maybe China? but here are some things I remember from arcades here around 1994-1997:

- None of the cabs were original SNK made, they were always made locally (like the ones in the pic below)
- Same for Capcom (CPS2) machines and Midway (Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct).
- None of the cabs had place for mini marquees or anything like that.
- Sticks and buttons were of the lowest possible quality.
- Recently I found out that most of the boards used inside the arcades were chinese bootlegs (Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is pretty common around here, but none is original, same for Final Fight). However Midway and CPS2 boards seem to be mostly original, same for MVS.

A pic I found:

maquinas+de+video+juegos+arcade+tragamonedas+maquinitas+vendopermuto+bogota,+d.c.+bogota,+d.c.+colombia__5D831A_1.jpg

I see :D

multi game cabs were actually created to save costs for the operators, specially for places with space restrictions. I don't know much about Colombia, but I know about Dominican Republic, I went to some arcades over there back in the time, the operators were really "creative" (i played before Neogeo times thought).

I would expect that the creativeness of Colombian operators is on par with the Dominicans, so I'm pretty sure there are some Frankenstein-Multi cabs over there as well :D :D

I have 2x 4 slots as well. So....the guys that made the NeoSD didnt test their cart with the multi slots before release?? I guess they wanted to rush their product out before Darksoft released his so they must have done limited testing.

Well we won't be making the same mistakes. Honestly it's not a bad thing they released theirs. Ours probably would have been out by now if they hadn't but now we can focus on making the superior product.

Well we won't be making the same mistakes. Honestly it's not a bad thing they released theirs. Ours probably would have been out by now if they hadn't but now we can focus on making the superior product.
In that case, my thanks go out to the NeoSD team for helping make Darksoft's MVS/AES multis that much more of the superior product :D

Ah, that explains the quick video from @GadgetUK

NeoSD working ok for him on his 4 slot.

In that case, my thanks go out to the NeoSD team for helping make Darksoft's MVS/AES multis that much more of the superior product :D
+1!

The NeoSD is the best thing that could ever happen to Neo DS-Multi consumers :thumbsup:

I hope they now release a F3 Multi, a PGM1 Multi and a CPS-1 Multi (Darksoft is gonna kill me for saying this) 8o

CPS-1 Multi
This should be the priority now. Along with a durable A board, since many of them seem to die without being even touched. PGM is nice, but a multicart only to play DDP and Demon Front? hmmm...

PGM is nice, but a multicart only to play DDP and Demon Front? hmmm...
Don't forget Espgaluda, DDP-DOJ and Ketsui... they run originally in PGM1 Hardware (not in PGM1 carts, but in CAVE PCBs using PGM1 hardware...) ;)
I see your point...maybe I am not that into shooters, but it would indeed be nice to be able to play them.

It's probably one of the fixes in the new firmware update, since there's a video showing it working in a 4-slot (above).

Last edited:
Back