What's new
I too, so 3 now :D

I am thinking about it to get it. Got the RGB mod in place already. Looking to play Battle Blues (배틀 블루스).

3D0 Arcade = M2 or something else?

Thanks for doing the video.
I ordered as part of batch 1.
Did you get yours early or is he shipping batch 1?

Early. A few of us who diff associated 3DO stuff (in my case M2 arcade stuff) were sent them for testing
Cool.
I got my tracking number today.
I'm excited to finally have an ode for the 3do.

My Fixel ODE arrived today.

The non review version does not come with cables.

Thankfully, I saved my cables and they are in great shape.

I followed @awbacon1 guide for the install. Thanks a lot. Very easy and clean.

He writes the order number right on the ODE. I'm not a fan of that, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

IMG_20220825_155634465~2.jpg

Last edited:
My Fixel ODE arrived today.

The non review version does not come with cables.

Thankfully, I saved my cables and they are in great shape.

I followed @awbacon1 guide for the install. Thanks a lot. Very easy and clean.

He writes the order number right on the ODE. I'm not a fan of that, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

IMG_20220825_155634465~2.jpg
I believe he will sell the cables separately once supply gets better. I know part supply for the entire project was apparently a headache for Fixel

Glad the install guide worked well for you!

I played D all the way through on the ODE.
It worked really well.

I had never played the game before but decided to try it based on @awbacon1 recommendation and footage. Thanks for that.

I surprised that a decent amount of people are saying this game isn't good. I'm really impressed with it and I can see playing it at least once a year now.

A few times, in the rotating room, it would pause for a second when turning around to check the door.

I believe this is related my SD card. It's a SAMSUNG EVO Select 64GB microSDXC UHS-I U1 100MB/s. I had stuttering issues when playing Dragon's Lair on my Jaguar Game Drive when using this SD card. Oddly enough, Dragon's Lair on 3DO ODE plays perfectly using this card.

I'll change the card when it's convenient, it works well enough.

Is that the $300 ODE? Can you justify that kind of cost for the 3 or 4 games worth playing? Real question, I sold my 3DO like 10 years ago, maybe games (as everything else today) have become super expensive.

Is that the $300 ODE? Can you justify that kind of cost for the 3 or 4 games worth playing? Real question, I sold my 3DO like 10 years ago, maybe games (as everything else today) have become super expensive.
It's the ODE by Fixel. Pricing information is available if you Google. I believe models are $250 and $350 (external).

Games are not that expensive and CDR "backups" work pretty well (if your drive is in good shape).

Optical drives do not last forever. The laser unit is a little bit of a pain in the ass to replace and can only be sourced from China (based on my experience). If I remember correctly, a gear wearing out is pretty common too.

It's your opinion that there are 3 or 4 games worth playing. This ODE is obviously for people that value their 3DO and it's library enough to want it to last as long as possible.

You would have to decide if the cost is justified. You sold your 3DO, so I doubt it's for you. Obviously, you don't mind not having those 3 or 4 games you liked.

Honestly, it seems like your post is a bit of troll. There's no need to be negative about something that others are excited about.

I'm keen to get one of these down the line... have had horrible luck with 3DO's, my FZ-10 laser died, and I got a FZ-1 recently which has bad audio.

SF2 on the 3DO is definitely pretty slick!

I'm keen to get one of these down the line... have had horrible luck with 3DO's, my FZ-10 laser died, and I got a FZ-1 recently which has bad audio.

SF2 on the 3DO is definitely pretty slick!
probably needs new caps for the audio fix...do that, throw an ODE in...golden!

It's the ODE by Fixel. Pricing information is available if you Google. I believe models are $250 and $350 (external).

Games are not that expensive and CDR "backups" work pretty well (if your drive is in good shape).

Optical drives do not last forever. The laser unit is a little bit of a pain in the ass to replace and can only be sourced from China (based on my experience). If I remember correctly, a gear wearing out is pretty common too.

It's your opinion that there are 3 or 4 games worth playing. This ODE is obviously for people that value their 3DO and it's library enough to want it to last as long as possible.

You would have to decide if the cost is justified. You sold your 3DO, so I doubt it's for you. Obviously, you don't mind not having those 3 or 4 games you liked.

Honestly, it seems like your post is a bit of troll. There's no need to be negative about something that others are excited about.
Hey mate, I never intended to be offensive in any way. It was a genuine question, that's rude of you to accusing me of trolling.
ODE on Playstation, Saturn, Neo Geo CD, yes please, any day. But the 3DO wasn't a sucessful machine, with a poor library of games, probably explaining its demise.
I can also develop about the 3 or 4 games worth playing: to me those are 3DO exclusivities that were actually good, not only by my standards but amongst players and even magazines BITD.
To conclude, I don't want to discourage anyone designing such products for niche machines, that's fantastic, kudos to them.

Hey mate, I never intended to be offensive in any way. It was a genuine question, that's rude of you to accusing me of trolling.
ODE on Playstation, Saturn, Neo Geo CD, yes please, any day. But the 3DO wasn't a sucessful machine, with a poor library of games, probably explaining its demise.
I can also develop about the 3 or 4 games worth playing: to me those are 3DO exclusivities that were actually good, not only by my standards but amongst players and even magazines BITD.
To conclude, I don't want to discourage anyone designing such products for niche machines, that's fantastic, kudos to them.
I wasn't being rude; I was giving my honest appraisal of your comment/question.

If you were not trolling - please explain your question.

You seem to be very familiar with the 3do hardware and it's library. You can ever whip up 3-4 games (worth playing) for it. You know the system.

Yet - you are asking if the ODE, that is pretty thoroughly reviewed in the video, is worth buying.

Who could answer that question for you, other than you? Only you could say the value/worth in the ODE.

Your comment regarding the "3 or 4 games worth playing" (besides the 3 or 4 you could make in the future) can only be seen as negative comment. It's ok to make negative comments, in context.

If I went into a Saturn ODE thread and said "I only like 3 Saturn games and don't have a Saturn anymore. Is the ODE worth it?" Would that question make a lot of sense to you? Shouldn't I answer that question for myself. Since I don't care enough about the system, to even have it anymore, the answer has to be "no".

If you had said/asked "I'm surprised someone made a 3do ODE; it was not a successful system and its library isn't that large. I really wasn't a fan, except for 3 or 4 games. Is there a market for a 3do ODE?"

That comment is respectful and it asks a question that you might not be able to answer without doing some research.

It doesn't matter how successful a system was during it's retail life cycle. It matters how much interest there is in the system today. Fixel sold out on batch 1 of both ODE options. Obviously, some still like and play their 3do; or at least want to make sure it's in working order.

Jeez, it's getting that difficult to have a respectful conversation in 2022!?
You have an attitude problem mate.

I'm also a petrol head, and while the community always welcome new products or upgrades for our rides, we also discuss the value for money and alternatives.
If you had said/asked "I'm surprised someone made a 3do ODE; it was not a successful system and its library isn't that large. I really wasn't a fan, except for 3 or 4 games. Is there a market for a 3do ODE?"
That is exactly what I meant. But you chose to take it negatively for some reason. Maybe you're a 3DO fanboy, no problem with that, but not an excuse for such aggressive answers. Or maybe you're the developer, in that case hats off to you.

Got mine installed this week. Very easy install and also just recycled the CD cables. Very easy setup too. I'd just done the NeoGeo CD ODE and that was drama filled for me, so this was a nice change of pace. Thanks for the video @awbacon1!

@Blio Seri
Obviously more of a niche product than some of the ODEs, but the 3DO fan base seems surprisingly large. I've come to quite like the console and know I would never play through the library if I didn't get this. So I feel I will get my money's worth out of it. However, if really only 3-4 games resonate with you it is likely not worth it. Admittedly, the exclusive or definitive port list is smaller than most other consoles. Although you ALWAYS need more devices to play Star Control II on.

Back