What's new
Is it worth building your own when you can get fully working jamma cabs for £250 or less in the UK?
Where are you based in the uk?

Maybe it's a better idea to get someone else to maintain / operate the games if you are this unsure?
There are people with old machines ready to put them on location and maintain them for the profit share.
I couldn't find any for that price. you got any links?

I would rather understand the basics and try and put one together so if anything goes wrong I got any idea what to do to fix it but yeah it's an option.

Thanks

I have "links" all over the country, but if you don't tell me where you are located i can't help.

The real stuff is not online, as most operators (and collectors) 'can't be arsed' selling to the public and would rather smash em' up for parts or let em sit and do nothing.
I got 2 nice machines for 250 quid last week. with monitors but needing wiring loom work. I did not want them but the price was too good.

Also you clearly have not searched very hard. ebay has plenty of generic cabinets at the moment.
This is a hobby that you must put effort in, otherwise you will get nothing at all in return.

I have "links" all over the country, but if you don't tell me where you are located i can't help.

The real stuff is not online, as most operators (and collectors) 'can't be arsed' selling to the public and would rather smash em' up for parts or let em sit and do nothing.
I got 2 nice machines for 250 quid last week. with monitors but needing wiring loom work. I did not want them but the price was too good.

Also you clearly have not searched very hard. ebay has plenty of generic cabinets at the moment.
This is a hobby that you must put effort in, otherwise you will get nothing at all in return.
South Wales.

I have searched ebay, FB Marketplace, Gumtree. As I stated before I am new to this and I got to start somewhere. It is most likely down to terminology unless it should come up under Jamma Cabinets, Arcade cabinets etc... which it doesn't for me.

I was happy to put an emulator device in the pub and let people use that but I can't as I got to get the original game which requires a lot more than a PC.

I am researching but at my pace once I get the basics I will graft what is required and if it's worth it or not.

Well i own a totally empty machine located in south wales (if it's not been destroyed or picked up by someone else)
You can have it for free providing it is still there and you collect it.
Need to check it is still there sitting in his outbuilding and can send you the number to arrange picking up.

If that has gone the nearest machines i know to you are north wales or birmingham way.

Well i own a totally empty machine located in south wales (if it's not been destroyed or picked up by someone else)
You can have it for free providing it is still there and you collect it.
Need to check it is still there sitting in his outbuilding and can send you the number to arrange picking up.

If that has gone the nearest machines i know to you are north wales or birmingham way.
Please let me know. Thank you.

So I gave it a go I bought everything and just went for it. Without your help I wouldn't have gone this far but to the gurus this might be nothing and a terrible setup but I'm just learning and I was able to get it to display and work. Next step will be a CAB build, Hammy I'm afraid the cab was gone, thanks for the info tho.

https://ibb.co/0JDq8Z1

0JDq8Z1

Worth a try, it was last year and she was too big to go in the motor so had to strip it out and leave the case.
Nice to see you are up and going!

Back