What's new
If any of you are just going to harvest the u-shaped headers off your old helper board, and JUST need the new board - let me know. I have 16 of them. I will let you know if/when I am able to source the male headers.

That was fast! The real question is if I can wait until the weekend to try this out, after I get the right angle adapter marqs suggested?!

I probably should - as I also need to install the dual frequency oscillator kit from Mitsu!

Last edited:
That was fast! The real question is if I can wait until the weekend to try this out, after I get the right angle adapter marqs suggested?!

I probably should - as I also need to install the dual frequency oscillator kit from Mitsu!
FWIW, in my Jasen case build out, I was able to get by without a HDMI adapter, just a cable with a low profile and less bulk:
https://a.co/d/5AyDU8u

IMG_8625.jpeg

I just wrote the firmware over to the CPS2 Digi AV board - validated all is still functional - firmware is 4 years newer! :)

Amazing news! Thank you very much for sharing.

Both of my Aliexpress USB blasters refuse to work. Not sure if it’s bad hardware, wrong software, operator error.

Mind if I ask what USB blaster hardware/Quartus version you are using for the firmware flash?

I will check when I get home later today - I might even have the install file for what I have installed, and can send it over.

and I do have the installer file still as well - just let me know.
Thank you very, very much! - I was stuck in that special troubleshooting place with untrusted hardware and untrusted software and untrusted device and no way of knowing which of them was the problem. I really appreciate this.

Intel are weird with their software; a few months ago it was like a state secret and only the current version was available to download. But when I check now every version as far back as 17.0 is available for download.

For anyone else that reads this the (currently working) download link for 20.1.1 is here - get it before they change their minds again
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...sign-software-version-20-1-1-for-windows.html

Just finished installing the dual oscillator board as well as the qsound hookups for the new 1.3 helper board - and amazingly, after troubleshooting a loose CSYNC wire, everything is working!

Now I have to get it all back in the jasen case and buttoned up and make sure everything still works... :)

This is as far as I got tonight. That right angle header doesn't sit flat as stock cause of the IC on the other side. Cut the legs down a little and was able to solder it in flat. I was able to get it the board in and solder 2 wires tonight. Gonna do the rest tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 20
I posted this on Schmups as well, so if anyone can think of why this issue is persisting, I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.
I need some help identifying what may be causing Static sound on the new CPS1.5 adapter board for the CPS Digital AV with a Darksoft CPS1 multi. All regular games plays and sounds fine and Qsound games plays fine; just the audio is mostly static. I can hear the game audio playing but not much; possibly interference? I had a fellow AP member verify the wiring was correct. Does the 3-wire going from the Multi to the adapter board have to be shielded? I don't know what else would cause such a sound. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Summary
Regular Games: Plays and sounds fine through HDMI and through JAMMA.
Qsound Games JAMMA: Plays and sounds fine through JAMMA
Qsound games HDMI: Plays fine, but audio is static. You can hear actual game audio playing so something is coming through.

Firmware programmed correctly. Shows March 2, 2024 and Version 0.93.

So i had this exact same issue @raynex but I routed the wires a couple of different ways and eventually got rid of the static. I wonder if using a shielded wire for the qsound would be better?

Marqs replied back to my post and recommended using a shielded cable with the shield grounded on Both ends. I initially tested a 3 core shielded cable with 1 end grounded, but still had static, so I followed what Marqs said and voila, no more statis. Everything is crystal clear. Photos below shows where I grounded it. The shielded cable should be required for the install since interference can vary from person to person. Mine was realllly bad. I posted the resulting video in Discord under the PolyGame Master Arcade, if anyone wants to check. It's too big to upload here.

Attachments

• IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1309(2).jpg
    IMG_1309(2).jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 29
Back