What's new
Thanks for the detailed reply. But why can't I reuse the chassis and deflection yoke, etc. from the current tube?

My NNC cabinets already have pretty good tubes. Not pristine mint condition. But pretty good. That said I would buy brand new replacements, to keep as spares, if they were available.
Oh right, if you already have a NNC with a monitor, then you got the chassis part solved.

The DY you could reuse, but I had had pretty bad luck getting the stock NNC DY to work with other tubes. (A68LZU185X) - I must have tried it on 3 different 29" tubes and could always get close but the purity eluded me. Using the XV5 DY with this A68QCU770 tube has given better results and good purity, so from past struggles I found matching the DY to the tube is helpful.

Time to buy up the supply. I want eat at McDonald's when inflation gets out of control

I would read up on the Wells Gardner 9200/9400 monitors. I think they’re know to be problematic and difficult to work on.

For me it's an issue of shipping.... I see a lot of wells gardner k7000's for sale, but nothing within a days drive.
There is one I keep seeing on facebook marketplace in northern california.

Well then good luck lol.
Yeah, it is what it is. I do keep an eye on Craigs List. I think this is the one on Facebook you're referring to. "slight burn in" makes it a pass for me regardless, but it may appeal to someone else here. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/694929224719082/

Really I need to just get around to finishing my recap of my QNIC CGM-2500. But it just sits there, taunting me.
IMG_0890.jpg

Yeah, it is what it is. I do keep an eye on Craigs List. I think this is the one on Facebook you're referring to. "slight burn in" makes it a pass for me regardless, but it may appeal to someone else here. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/694929224719082/

Really I need to just get around to finishing my recap of my QNIC CGM-2500. But it just sits there, taunting me.
IMG_0890.jpg
Yup that’s the one. That guy has a shop and would probably sell you a better one if you offered enough. Depending on how desperate you get.

Yeah, easier to buy a whole cab at this point unless you got good friends who are hoarders

That's the truth I have been looking for monitors like crazy. and I'm having to buy the cabinet with the monitor. when I ask people if they will sell me just the monitor they always say no. Just yesterday I got a wg 27 inches for $50 bucks. it was in a golden tee. I asked the guy if he would let just get the monitor for the same price as the whole thing and he said i would have to take it all....

anyway... anyone wants a golden tee cab without a monitor? :)

That's the truth I have been looking for monitors like crazy. and I'm having to buy the cabinet with the monitor. when I ask people if they will sell me just the monitor they always say no. Just yesterday I got a wg 27 inches for $50 bucks. it was in a golden tee. I asked the guy if he would let just get the monitor for the same price as the whole thing and he said i would have to take it all....

anyway... anyone wants a golden tee cab without a monitor? :)
Time to put an lcd and sell it for $$$

Time to put an lcd and sell it for $$$
For real, put an lcd and sell it forward.

The reason why people wont sell just the crt is cause they are looking to really get rid of the cab, they just don't want to deal with selling or getting rid of an empty cab.

Golden Tee is one of the few games that an LCD swap is acceptable. it's a slow paced game that lag doesn't really effect and it runs at a high enough resolution that looks decent on an LCD.

Hunt for a used WG k7000 IMO the best looking 15Khz 25in monitor and they're super common too (at leas as common as arcade CRTs get)

I think the problem with the market now is people are hording CRTs because they realize they're getting super hard to find in general.
It is correct, I have one k7000 25" Zenith tube wich is probably the Best 15Khz arcade monitor! it is absolutely brilliant even conpared with all nanao , Toei and Toshiba monitors!

Back