What's new
With some careful data de-interleaving and byte swapping, I was able to manipulate the rom data posted by darksoft, and sure enough its a byte for byte match to the mame romset
you missed 1 byte difference - protection check hack ;)
Ah - your eye is more discerning than mine! At first glance, when I compared the binaries, I missed the ONE BYTE flagged by my software (yes I know, I should have compared CRC not just a visual binary comparison... my sloppy mistake). As such, I deemed the rom 100% identical to the mame rom (ffr110.bin), when in fact you're right, the one Darksoft provided has ONE SINGLE BYTE changed that ignores the protection. It would seem the prototype rom recently dumped was 99% decrypted, but for some reason, the protection still enabled. Hats-off to Darksoft and whoever else discovered the flag to disable the protection completely, this is AWESOME!

I went back and put the correct rom on the flash rom in my test-conversion cart. What do you know... all the graphics issues are fixed :)

Going back to my original statement, the roms provided will work for sure on the ST-V multicart. If its still not working, your data is corrupt or incorrectly formatted/structured. Try reformatting your SD card and reload the data (preferably from a different computer).

Any idea what data is stored on file 07? theres all this talk about it only being 1 bit different but it boots when using the original file 7 from the original stv package but not the new one included above.

Any idea what data is stored on file 07? theres all this talk about it only being 1 bit different but it boots when using the original file 7 from the original stv package but not the new one included above.
Ahhhhh well spotted!

@twistedsymphony It must be that! 07 is used for mirroring. I guess the program is doing a CRC check on itself and when it doesn't find what he thinks it just hang.

So you are saying that it does work for you with the original 07? Can you please send it to me?

Can you try doing the same with WC98? Using the old 07.

PLMK.

File sent.

As for WC98 I checked and there was no file 07 in the original STV Package.

One thing I did notice with Final Fight is that the original file 07 is 4MB in-size while the patched one was only 2MB.

the patched file 07 for WC98 is also 2MB I'm not sure if the padding would make a difference just something I noticed.

This game seems to play fine, but the volume is really low. Anyone else notice this?

The only reason I noticed it is that while changing between games, each game still has the same volume except for this one.

I don't see a volume adjustment in the test mode.

?

Attachments

• 0001.png
    0001.png
    3 KB · Views: 275
Well that seemed to do the trick, I moved it to the top at 15.

I didn't realize that each game has a different menu...

Thanks!

Brent

Last edited:
Back