What's new
Awesome explanation. Let me propose Ghosts'n Goblins or Double Dragon :)
Double Dragon doesn't interest me in the slightest. Isn't there a Neo Geo version already?

Ghosts 'n' Goblins OTOH is actually on my short list. A quick look at the MAME driver tells me the background layer is 16x16, which is perfect! 6809 CPU, which I've developed for before, and of course translates well to the 68K with similar addressing modes. As for the game itself, I suck really bad at it, it's hard as nails, but it is a game that I like.

Did I just choose my next project (after DK)? 8o

Double Dragon doesn't interest me in the slightest. Isn't there a Neo Geo version already?

Ghosts 'n' Goblins OTOH is actually on my short list. A quick look at the MAME driver tells me the background layer is 16x16, which is perfect! 6809 CPU, which I've developed for before, and of course translates well to the 68K with similar addressing modes. As for the game itself, I suck really bad at it, it's hard as nails, but it is a game that I like.

hopefully you did :)
thanks for working on such cool projects

You just made my day, or week.

Thanks! I really like both those games! I actually have Bubble Bobble on my short list; it'd be a good fit but perhaps it's not quite as "impressive" as GnG?
Whatever you prefer to post will be a fantastic present for all of us. Do you actually have any patreon or similar, to support your work?

I agree also with @rtw posts. Raiden and Bubble Bobble are also marvelous games. :thumbsup:

IM talking out of my ass because I have no idea what the requirements are in this but I think r-type would be super cool on the neo.

IM talking out of my ass because I have no idea what the requirements are in this but I think r-type would be super cool on the neo.
Single NEC V30 @8MHz... probably doable, and TBH I think R-Type would suit the Neo well. But try as I might, I just can't bring myself to like R-Type. I've given it plenty of chances, even on the Amiga, but I really don't like it. I acknowledge that a lot of people love it though.

Single NEC V30 @8MHz... probably doable, and TBH I think R-Type would suit the Neo well. But try as I might, I just can't bring myself to like R-Type. I've given it plenty of chances, even on the Amiga, but I really don't like it. I acknowledge that a lot of people love it though.
We all have our tastes, no issue with someone not enjoying a certain title. If everyone was into the same stuff the world would be a boring place. Can I offer up Truxton as another suggestion?

We all have our tastes, no issue with someone not enjoying a certain title. If everyone was into the same stuff the world would be a boring place. Can I offer up Truxton as another suggestion?
Now Truxton I do like, though I've actually only played the Genesis/MegaDrive version. I am looking to do a horizontal title after DK though; I think it'll have a wider audience in the Neo Geo community (not interested in transcoding a home port of an arcade game to the Neo Geo either - it has to be the arcade version).

Hence GnG or Bubble Bobble... I was also considering Pitfall II - I played that a lot at uni but going back and looking at it now, it's really not that impressive. I looks like a Sega Master System game...

Now Truxton I do like, though I've actually only played the Genesis/MegaDrive version. I am looking to do a horizontal title after DK though; I think it'll have a wider audience in the Neo Geo community (not interested in transcoding a home port of an arcade game to the Neo Geo either - it has to be the arcade version).

Hence GnG or Bubble Bobble... I was also considering Pitfall II - I played that a lot at uni but going back and looking at it now, it's really not that impressive. I looks like a Sega Master System game...
Truxton is one of my favorites. I actually played the genesis version first and didn't discover the arcade version until much later. It's a good port but the arcade one is superior, you should definitely give it a play. I can hear that music in my head as I type this haha. I agree GnG would be awesome on the neo and its got my vote!

Back