What's new
Yes, so I assume those are 100% no go, but I mean games like Demon Front, which has different versions, English included. I thought that was tied to the cart, as I have tried them in different mobos and the language stays with the cart, not the motherboard.
I think the region is usually read from the protection asic (at lease that is where MAME changes it), so I assume you can patch wherever that value is read into in RAM.

I think the region is usually read from the protection asic (at lease that is where MAME changes it), so I assume you can patch wherever that value is read into in RAM.
Yes, The bios changed the ram info were the region is stored. MOST games have multiple region in there code / roms. The ASIC 27 normally chooses the region the game will play in.

T.

So here is Demon front on REAL hardware. Setting the region to WORLD. :)

Attachments

• df eng 4.jpg
    df eng 4.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 141
  • df eng 9.jpg
    df eng 9.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 161
  • df eng2.jpg
    df eng2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 146
I can't wait to relese a Beta copy for external testing.. BUT for now its just a Alpha... and much work is to be done on it... It will be available on my web page when its ready.
T.

Wow am I the only person on earth with an actual world cart of Demon Front? 8o

Wow am I the only person on earth with an actual world cart of Demon Front? 8o
Their not common.. I don't have one :P Maybe 1 day. Can you grab some details off your World cart?? You should be able to see the ASIC number / sticker through the clear plastic's ... if you don't want to open your cart :)

T.

Pretty epic to see a modbios that will unlock region selection on those later games! Keep up the great work.

Their not common.. I don't have one :P Maybe 1 day. Can you grab some details off your World cart?? You should be able to see the ASIC number / sticker through the clear plastic's ... if you don't want to open your cart :)

T.
Man, I must be lucky, I've seen at least 5 for sale since I started collecting! I have one, and did check your data base, you already have it on file!

Hello,

Just wanted to do a quick post on the PGM Services / Parts for sale that i offer.

http://www.igspgm.com/sell/index.htm

I also supply support any PGM user, You don't have to buy anything to get support. Its one of the biggest uses of my time helping other PGM users out.

If anyone has any questions, Please contact me through the web page, OR send me a Message on here.

tim@igspgm.com

Thanks,

Tim.

Not sure if this is the best thread, but certainly someone will refresh my memory about this:

On the PGM2 system, can you simply swap motherboards between regions? Play a blue cartridge on a red motherboard?

Thanks in advance

Not sure if this is the best thread, but certainly someone will refresh my memory about this:

On the PGM2 system, can you simply swap motherboards between regions? Play a blue cartridge on a red motherboard?

Thanks in advance
Just checked for you, they all work. My 2 blue carts work on my red motherboards and vice versa. I noticed the sound volume changed when swapping carts, had to adjust the volume on the motherboard depending on game. I have all 5 PGM2 games but they all came with a motherboard, never seen them for sale in just cart form. All came from China, not sure about region with PGM.
Hope this helps you

Back