What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Hey Alberto,

Are you making Vewlix repro's of any kind?

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
@alberto1225

With the new influx of Egret II cabs that are coming in, looks like there will be a need for sideart and control panels. Hope you are ready. Cause Im placing some orders with you.

alberto1225

Professional
Reaction score
Hey Alberto,

Are you making Vewlix repro's of any kind?
I have done the overlay but I have some problem on the panel size. I will restart it when I finish other works.
@alberto1225

With the new influx of Egret II cabs that are coming in, looks like there will be a need for sideart and control panels. Hope you are ready. Cause Im placing some orders with you.
I don't do E2 sideart. I made a small run of E2 panels so they should be done in the end of this month.

jermz1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Alberto,

Have you done any vewlix diamond and marquee overlay?

DannyVoid

New User
Reaction score
Hi @alberto1225, I was brought here because of Instagram's post of your awesome work,
My question, is there any possibility for a NeoGeo Neo 25 control Panel somewhere in the future?
I would totally buy it
Thanks man!

SabreAZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@alberto1225 Hello,

I stumbled across this Korean blog that is big on custom parts and replica work on vewlixes, or maybe chewlix. This page in particular seems to have files for a 2L16b panels and artwork? I'm not sure. Im currently looking for another panel for a chewlix cab, but not sure if this is designed with a chewlix in mind(I'm told vewlix and chewlix panels vary slightly?)

Just curious if you could look into it and are possibly able to make it? Thank you!

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.n...=https://m.blog.naver.com/soma33/220932603095

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Why do all the reproduction panels and overlays for Vewlix have 8-buttons per-player?

Only one official Taito panel has 8-buttons, and that's the new SF5 kit...

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING else official is ALWAYS 7 buttons.

The L...

The F...

The NesicaLive...

Also worth mentioning, the Nesica overlay has metallic/silver dark blue and light blue... No whites (the repo above has white around the buttons/joystick like the F) period.

Last edited:

SabreAZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm personally only interested in the red. But that's good to know

Agreed though, I would rather have a 7 button layout, as i feel it just gets in my way. But the Korean scene is all crazy with those cabinet mods. I saw on one of the panels in the blog, instead of 1p and 2p start, there was 6 buttons, 2 columns of 3. It was pretty wild...and excessive...for my tastes

alberto1225

Professional
Reaction score
@alberto1225 Hello,

I stumbled across this Korean blog that is big on custom parts and replica work on vewlixes, or maybe chewlix. This page in particular seems to have files for a 2L16b panels and artwork? I'm not sure. Im currently looking for another panel for a chewlix cab, but not sure if this is designed with a chewlix in mind(I'm told vewlix and chewlix panels vary slightly?)

Just curious if you could look into it and are possibly able to make it? Thank you!

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.n...=https://m.blog.naver.com/soma33/220932603095
My friend has chewlix and I'll check the chewlix size when I am making the vewlix panel.

Aurich

Champion
Reaction score
Why do all the reproduction panels and overlays for Vewlix have 8-buttons per-player?
Because the people buying them just want to duplicate their fightsticks and having all the buttons they're used to available?

I'm old, I prefer my sticks with 6 buttons, but 8 has been the standard for so long that games actively take advantage of them all now, so it makes sense.

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Hey if Taito put 8 buttons on it then fine, my point is they didn't... So is this really a "reproduction" at all?
I guess so, just not a very accurate one.

SabreAZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the people buying them just want to duplicate their fightsticks and having all the buttons they're used to available?
I'm old, I prefer my sticks with 6 buttons, but 8 has been the standard for so long that games actively take advantage of them all now, so it makes sense.
yeah pretty much. I got people that come over and struggle to play cuz they are so used to button shortcuts now in fighters. I'm stubborn, I still only use 6 button. But I wanna try and add them so they can be satisfied too. Just how the scene is now.

Reproduction is probably a bad term. More like "custom" panel. If I was on a real vewlix, I'd keep it 7, for sure, to keep it as authentic as possible